On the Curiouser Side of Consumerism

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

On the Curiouser Side of Consumerism

Post by Nanohedron »

So I'm reading a news article and I see an ad at the bottom enticing me with "Top 10 Deals for Giraffe Statues!" How Poststructural is that?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: On the Curiouser Side of Consumerism

Post by david_h »

Maybe a bot that generates clickbait from your browsing is showing how stupid it is. Or maybe being clever in a quirky way (perhaps because you hang out here :D). One test would be - did you click it?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: On the Curiouser Side of Consumerism

Post by Nanohedron »

david_h wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:11 pm One test would be - did you click it?
It almost roped me in, but not yet.

On the web I had indeed been looking briefly at figurines, but not at giraffes, so the ad might be mere random coincidence. But if not: Giraffes? Imagine my scrunched brow. I think it's because I hang out here, like you said.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician