Anyone remember the TEH?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Anyone remember the TEH?

Post by Nanohedron »

As in the so-called TEH Board, an unattached alternative [former] forum with nominal ties to C&F proper. It's [was] mentioned here in CCCP #4. As you will [no longer] see, the link provided in #4 isn't [wasn't] working now and Admin have [had] no idea whether that forum is now defunct, nor how long any of this has been going on. It's been donkey's years since I ever poked my head in, and just yesterday I thought I'd have a look, only to find that I can't. If anyone has any insight into the current status of the TEH, we'd appreciate it. If no info is forthcoming, after a spell we'll probably just decide to live with the mystery and end up removing the link, as well as any reference to it, in that topic [and we did. Except for the mystery part].

(Edited to insert the bracketed bits because it gave me something to do.)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Anyone remember the TEH?

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Nanohedron

The teh board was virtually unused the last 3 years or so. Dave Moulton and Cork and occasionally me were the only regular posters. It dropped off the internet a few months ago, probably it was not generating enough ad revenue to keep it going.
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

BigDavy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:25 pm Hi Nanohedron

The teh board was virtually unused the last 3 years or so. Dave Moulton and Cork and occasionally me were the only regular posters. It dropped off the internet a few months ago, probably it was not generating enough ad revenue to keep it going.
Thanks for letting us know!

I wonder what made me think of it - maybe a subconsciously sensed lack of certain vibes among the Interwebs...
Nanohedron wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:45 pm If anyone has any insight into the current status of the TEH, we'd appreciate it. If no info is forthcoming, after a spell we'll probably just decide to live with the mystery and end up removing the link, as well as any reference to it, in that topic.
So that's cleared up. We'll be removing all the TEH stuff from #4, after which the link above won't show what we're talking about, but I think it hardly matters now. Onward and upward.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'd noticed a few weeks ago that it was gone. I'd checked in every so often to see if Cork had any new rants.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.