Upgrade completed, with a sacrifice or 2

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Upgrade completed, with a sacrifice or 2

Post by Nanohedron »

Dale wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm Re: the banner ad size which, among other things, is another bit of evidence that size matters, dammit.

There would be another code from Google, I think, that creates smaller rectangle. But in order to substitute it, I have to learn how to edit the proper phpBB file which I've been meaning to do for more than 15 years. I hope to get to it soon.
Is this something I could learn to do?

Then again, maybe I'll be sorry I asked. :lol:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

A general note on things that need to be fixed.
1. So far, I agree with all of these.
2. Most or all--I think--require going through the phpBB documentation and learning which of the phpBB files to edit, how to edit them, and so on. At some point in the last 20 years, I might have substituted a new charity link, for example, but never learned how.
3. This is not an issue with the hosting people. It's a problem with us and by "us," I mean "me."
4. It's the problem we've had for some years. We got a landlord. We got very loyal and useful moderators. But no one who can remodel the place.
5. I'm short of the time required to even know if I'm right or not.

Maybe this weekend I can ask the guys hired to do the update to address the punch list. It might not be included in the original Scope O'Work, which was to perform the update of the phpBB software, not to tune it to our specs. Somebody want to compile a punch list.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Nanohedron wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:16 pm
Dale wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm Re: the banner ad size which, among other things, is another bit of evidence that size matters, dammit.

There would be another code from Google, I think, that creates smaller rectangle. But in order to substitute it, I have to learn how to edit the proper phpBB file which I've been meaning to do for more than 15 years. I hope to get to it soon.
Is this something I could learn to do?

Then again, maybe I'll be sorry I asked. :lol:
Yeah. Since I dunno what it is, I dunno if you can learn it. :)