Things to do while sequestering

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dan A.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Re: Things to do while sequestering

Post by Dan A. »

Considering that I still have a decent amount of 550 cord (or paracord, if you prefer), maybe some of my ample free time would be wisely spent by brushing up on my knot-tying skills.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Dan A. wrote:Considering that I still have a decent amount of 550 cord (or paracord, if you prefer), maybe some of my ample free time would be wisely spent by brushing up on my knot-tying skills.
Might I suggest Ashley´s Book of Knots?

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

The Ashley Book of Knots is the best resource in that regard; I've perused it in the past. When I find a copy that's in good shape, at a price I'm willing to pay, I shall own one.
Greenfire
Tell us something.: I'm learning how to play the whistle, maybe one day I can branch out to another instrument. I'd love to learn the pipes, but I can only afford a whistle!

Post by Greenfire »

Anyone try making home cured meats, charcuterie style? It's something I've always wanted to do, but given the lack of humidity here, it's a little difficult. I'm probably stuck with fridge only curing, like homemade bacon...
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

While I have a coffee table edition of Ashley´s from when we had boats, I see where they have downloadable pdf.´s.

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Greenfire wrote:Anyone try making home cured meats, charcuterie style?
I don't think I'd have the patience. Most I've ever done is make jerky.
an seanduine wrote:While I have a coffee table edition of Ashley´s from when we had boats, I see where they have downloadable pdf.´s.

Bob
Here's one:

The Ashley Book of Knots
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Dan A.

Post by Dan A. »

Thanks, Nano! I'll be perusing that file regularly.