VERNAL EQUINOX

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Re: VERNAL EQUINOX

Post by I.D.10-t »

Why is it that I find a few inches of snow more annoying in April than in September?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Simple... April its not over... September its just beginning. :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:Why is it that I find a few inches of snow more annoying in April than in September?
Still, we soldier on.

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
MeMyselfandI

Post by MeMyselfandI »

Pity. The the weather was doing so well for the past week or so, and then I'm welcomed this morning with an over-night 30 degree drop... :moreevil:
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

MeMyselfandI wrote:Pity. The the weather was doing so well for the past week or so, and then I'm welcomed this morning with an over-night 30 degree drop... :moreevil:
c

Same here! It was like late spring for a few days, then it suddenly reverted back to winter tonight! I'm actually happy about it! Now, if it can only stay like this all year.

Summer is overrated. What is so wonderful about feeling all sticky and hot? Oh, not to mention, the spiders! Eeeueuueueueueueueuueuwuwruururwuruwur! Can't stand the spiders!

Winter is nice and comfortable inside, invigorating and beautiful outside, and no spiders! Besides, you can always put more clothes on, but you can't take your skin off ! (Unless you get a necrotic bite from a brown recluse)

Yeah, I'll take comfortable chilly weather over sweaty miserable weather anyday!
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Sirchronique wrote:
MeMyselfandI wrote:Pity. The the weather was doing so well for the past week or so, and then I'm welcomed this morning with an over-night 30 degree drop... :moreevil:
c

Same here! It was like late spring for a few days, then it suddenly reverted back to winter tonight! I'm actually happy about it! Now, if it can only stay like this all year.

Summer is overrated. What is so wonderful about feeling all sticky and hot? Oh, not to mention, the spiders! Eeeueuueueueueueueuueuwuwruururwuruwur! Can't stand the spiders!

Winter is nice and comfortable inside, invigorating and beautiful outside, and no spiders! Besides, you can always put more clothes on, but you can't take your skin off ! (Unless you get a necrotic bite from a brown recluse)

Yeah, I'll take comfortable chilly weather over sweaty miserable weather anyday!

Sir,
Ye sound a wee bit arachnophobic. That's OK, there's no spiders in South America. :poke:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
MeMyselfandI

Post by MeMyselfandI »

Sirchronique wrote:Winter is nice and comfortable inside, invigorating and beautiful outside, and no spiders!
There's only one problem with that notion. At least for me, when it's cold outside, the spiders move inside... :o Of course, I can't hardly blame them, but still. Besides, although I don't like hot and sticky, I like warm and windy, with cool overtones. :) Especially in the morning and evening. The omnipresent green is a nice change too.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:Why is it that I find a few inches of snow more annoying in April than in September?
And by the way, congratulations. You are the only Minnesotan left that I have come across who can still deal with this latest of grossly unforgivable meterological offenses by indulging in our State sport of resorting to rhetorical irony. I for one no longer have it in me. I am done with that. I am done with laconic wryness. I rage and shake my fist at the sky, and promise a black revenge of cosmic proportions if it may be granted unto me. Enough is bloody well enough.

Bring on the spiders. Please.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

[/quote]
Sir,
Ye sound a wee bit arachnophobic. That's OK, there's no spiders in South America. :poke:

Cayden[/quote]

Au contraire :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atNY6zt4L1M

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

And the bigger the prey... the bigger the spider gets!

The people laughing was :lol: :lol: :lol:
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Winter loves us this much.

"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

an seanduine wrote:
Sir,

Cayden[/quote]

Au contraire :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atNY6zt4L1M

Bob[/quote]

Bob,
I was being facetious regarding there being no spiders in South America.

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!