Question for the Moderators

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Alan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

DaleWisely wrote:(Sigh.) Soon, there will be looting on this thread.
Is there anything worth taking? I think the loot is moot.
Alan
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Montana »

Graffiti... where's the graffiti? That is usually present before the looting.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Alan wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:(Sigh.) Soon, there will be looting on this thread.
Is there anything worth taking? I think the loot is moot.
...at least until Montana posted the graffiti!
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Azalin wrote:By the way, the title of the thread was "Questions for the Moderators". What did I get wrong?
It's on a public forum. . .if it were intended only for the moderators, surely a PM would have served better?

The initial post just seemed like more whining about posts and posters not approved by a certain group.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
BigDavy

Full Moon

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Missy

I think you are right, it is a full moon.:boggle:

It's a storm in a teacup and will blow over in a few days. In the mean time treat it for what it is, the message board equivelant of slapstick.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Bloomfield wrote:....nearly all your posts here are about debates and controversies.
jGilder wrote:But I don't think I post about debates and controversies exclusively.

... you are too quick to turn everything that doesn't suit you into propositions that are absurd.
jGilder wrote: You started that by saying, "Finally, nearly all your posts here are about debates and controversies." I was pointing out that a good amount of my posts are quite playful and have nothing to do with "debates and controversies." I'm beginning to feel that having a reasonable discussion with you about my personal posting style is futile.
Should I append a dictionary definition of "exclusively" to make my point that you misconstrue what others tell you?

jGilder wrote:You indicated in your other post that you think I've changed the character of the C&F messageboard. I don't agree with this, but perhaps you resent me for that. If you think I changed the board I guarantee you that it wasn't my intention or desire. Perhaps we all change the board by our presence -- even you. But you won't find me lecturing you about it or blaming you for the boards woes. As for me, I'm not convinced I have had any profound effect on the deterioration of the board. I have received a lot of positive and supportive feedback, so I know I haven't ruined it for everyone. I do get the feeling sometimes that it's high noon and there are people that would like to run me out of Dodge City for having the audacity to come into town and be myself... different than you that is.
Yes, I'm victimizing you jGilder. And you should be the victim here. Because you are feeding me crap: I specifically stated that I didn't resent you. I never said that I resented your changing the character of the chiffboard (but I resent your unwillingness to acknowledge that your contributions are seen as changing the character of the chiffboard). I have never spoken of deterioration or accused you of causing it.
/Bloomfield
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Well... this thread isn't exactly a riot, but it is fun..ny.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

anniemcu wrote:Well... this thread isn't exactly a riot, but it is fun..ny.
To get back to that backbiting thing, will you honor me with a response?

:) (<---- innocent smile)
/Bloomfield
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY . . . Some of you folks are starting to make ME look like one of the more emotionally stable Chiffsters on this board!!! And if you stop your moaning for a moment and THINK about that IT'S GOTTA SCARE THE WILLIES OUT OF YOU. I mean c'mon, already. I haven't exactly been the poster boy for emotional stability during these past few weeks myself, but get a grip already -- THIS STUFF ISN'T YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. :twisted:

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Will O'B wrote:GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY . . . Some of you folks are starting to make ME look like one of the more emotionally stable Chiffsters on this board!!! And if you stop your moaning for a moment and THINK about that IT'S GOTTA SCARE THE WILLIES OUT OF YOU. I mean c'mon, already. I haven't exactly been the poster boy for emotional stability during these past few weeks myself, but get a grip already -- THIS STUFF ISN'T YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. :twisted:

Will O'Ban
It's okay. This probably directed at me, and you are right of course. Those who know me personally, will attest to the fact that I am an slimy & arrogant basmati, who's routinely emotionally unstable. But that's neither here nor there. I apologize for saying unpleasant things, but I am finding it very difficult to get the message across that the fundamental issue with a certain poster (who shall remain nameless, hehe) is not what, but how (including how often). I should give up; what business of mine is it? And I can ignore the posts, of course. But there is some very untidy message board behavior at the root of it, and I think we (as a big community) can all profit by learning to recognize it.

:)
/Bloomfield
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Bloomfield wrote:Should I append a dictionary definition of "exclusively" to make my point that you misconstrue what others tell you?
Ok... you've lost me. Thanks anyway, I guess... for your criticism.
Bloomfield wrote:Yes, I'm victimizing you jGilder. And you should be the victim here. Because you are feeding me crap: I specifically stated that I didn't resent you. I never said that I resented your changing the character of the chiffboard (but I resent your unwillingness to acknowledge that your contributions are seen as changing the character of the chiffboard). I have never spoken of deterioration or accused you of causing it.
Then what is your point exactly?
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

Bloomfield wrote: ...... I apologize for saying unpleasant things, but I am finding it very difficult to get the message across that the fundamental issue with a certain poster (who shall remain nameless, hehe) is not what, but how (including how often). I should give up; what business of mine is it? And I can ignore the posts, of course. But there is some very untidy message board behavior at the root of it, and I think we (as a big community) can all profit by learning to recognize it.

:)
Bloomfield

Thank you. Much more eloquent than I could have done.
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Bloomfield wrote:But there is some very untidy message board behavior at the root of it, and I think we (as a big community) can all profit by learning to recognize it.
Care to elaborate?