Keeping weight off

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

So, what type of bowling balls do you prefer to carry around, Lamby? :D

(more bounce per ounce, I say) :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Some of the weight I lost has already started to come back. A shirt I bought one day on my trip, after I had done the highest Sierra portion, feels tight. I guess the trip didn't speed up my metabolism but instead slowed it down. I suspected as much while I was out there.

Since being home I have not eaten anything with sugar, corn syrup or white flour. Salad and fruit have been my staples.

It may be that I can never be thin. :sniffle:

I agree that weight gain is not a medical issue, unless it comes about because it is a side-effect of some medication or something like that.

And I don't think weight loss requires a doctor visit, either, although you could bring that up at your annual exam if you wish. I'm certain your doctor would just steer you away from fads and toward level-headed advice about diet and exercise.

For people like me, being a tad padded may be as good as it gets, as my experience seems to suggest. A daily marathon and all I got was a healthy weight? I guess it was silly even to entertain the thought of the weight staying off.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird