Anybody else not get their rebate yet that should have?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

FINALLY! Got it today.

What's really hilarious is we got the letter saying to expect our stimulus payment today also. Our government at work! :lol:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

If I get one at all, it will not be until next month, according to the current schedule.

I wonder how these delays are affecting all the merchants running TV commercials about how to spend your stimulus payment with them. Worthless to run the ads now, better to run them later?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

kkrell wrote:If I get one at all, it will not be until next month, according to the current schedule.

I wonder how these delays are affecting all the merchants running TV commercials about how to spend your stimulus payment with them. Worthless to run the ads now, better to run them later?
Some people may be spending in anticipation of receiving the checks. You know, "I've got $x,xxx.xx in savings, and I know I'm getting a check, so I'll just buy this now and pay savings later" or even "I'll just put this on Visa and pay it when I get the check." When you consider the kind of credit debt most Americans carry, I wouldn't be surprised at all if many stimulus checks were spent before they arrived.

While I'll admit there were a couple of things we had been planning to buy with the check that we just went ahead and bought, they were things we needed to buy whether we'd gotten a check or not (for example, my husband's new suit, which he needs for our cruise). They were budgeted for in savings long ago, but when we realized we were getting a check, we thought we might pay for them out of that. When the check didn't come when anticipated, we just went ahead and bought them with the money we'd already budgeted.

Redwolf
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

I resemble that remark and had to make a payment to my Behemoth credit card balance. Still no $$$. :sniffle:

All this over some paper...nyuk.

I am glad I didn't order a whistle....
rodfish

Post by rodfish »

We got ours in the mail yesterday.
The last two digits of my SSN are 01 if that means anything.

(Better get to the bank) :)
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

2 things I learned today:
1. Direct deposits are still happening. We got ours.
2. They ARE subtracting what's owed from the stimulus total for some. We were due $1200, but only got $488, because we still owed $712 in taxes (been paying in installments).
Now I'm aggravated because we were told that wouldn't happen and that direct deposits were finished. We also had a payment on our taxes for $150 clear the same day, so now the govt. owes that back to us.
btw- my number ends in 04, and we used Turbotax.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Hadn't thought about it, but no we haven't gotten it yet either. It should be a paper check starting 5/30 from teh IRS web site ( I think)
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Thomaston wrote:2 things I learned today:
2. They ARE subtracting what's owed from the stimulus total for some. We were due $1200, but only got $488, because we still owed $712 in taxes (been paying in installments).
Now I'm aggravated because we were told that wouldn't happen and that direct deposits were finished. We also had a payment on our taxes for $150 clear the same day, so now the govt. owes that back to us.
Who told you they wouldn't be subtracting back taxes? On the IRS site, under the rebate FAQ, one of the questions is "why didn't I get as much money as I thought I would?" and one of the answers was "you may still owe tax [there were some other things as well], in which case the amount you owe will be deducted from your stimulus check"

Redwolf
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

Redwolf wrote:
Who told you they wouldn't be subtracting back taxes? On the IRS site, under the rebate FAQ, one of the questions is "why didn't I get as much money as I thought I would?" and one of the answers was "you may still owe tax [there were some other things as well], in which case the amount you owe will be deducted from your stimulus check"

Redwolf
Well, originally we owed $1200, and called the IRS to see if we could just have our stimulus cancel that out. And they said no, that we would have to pay the taxes in full or set up a payment plan, and then later we'd get the full $1200 stimulus.
PS- I read through the FAQ, but somehow missed that.
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Thomaston wrote:
Redwolf wrote:

Redwolf
Well, originally we owed $1200, and called the IRS to see if we could just have our stimulus cancel that out. And they said no, that we would have to pay the taxes in full or set up a payment plan, and then later we'd get the full $1200 stimulus.
PS- I read through the FAQ, but somehow missed that.
Bloody IRS...can't tell if it's coming or going sometimes!

They had neglected to tell us that our check would come by mail, even though we'd had our refund dd'd, because we'd paid our tax preparation fees via our refund, which is why I was getting panicky.

Redwolf
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

We just got the letter that said "soon, very soon."
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

We just got the letter on Saturday saying we should get it by June 6. It's not in the bank yet. The mail won't be here until later in the afternoon.

We were planning to get a new sofa, but had to replace one vehicle, so the check will pay for half of the replacement car instead.
Charlene
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

Got it today- all of it; signed the check as well
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

At the end of the list. With inflation, who knows what it will actually be worth when it arrives.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

:really: WELL IRS-- here it is June 6 and no $$. Not in the bank or the mailbox.
Charlene