Dream Oracles Wanted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

I was in a dream interpretation group, once. The proper etiquette when interpreting someone else’s dream is to start with something to the effect of "If it had been my dream; ", as dreams can be deeply personal and the dreamer is the one in the best position to understand the dream in their personal context. It is also not a good idea to share deeply personal things such as dreams with outsiders, so things are completely out of control, now.
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

...sure Rod...wait 'till page four to tell us...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Dream Oracles Wanted

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Jeez. I had another dream where my flute cracked, big time. I mean, from one end to another, and not just a split, but in all sorts of directions. Panic, sweat, despair.

Does this mean anything, or should I cut back on midnight snacks?
Were Archie Campbell and Gordie Tapp singing in the background? ("Gloom, despair and agony on me...")
I think it was more like the track from the shower-stabbing scene in Psycho.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jsluder

Re: Dream Oracles Wanted

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Jeez. I had another dream where my flute cracked, big time. I mean, from one end to another, and not just a split, but in all sorts of directions. Panic, sweat, despair.

Does this mean anything, or should I cut back on midnight snacks?
Were Archie Campbell and Gordie Tapp singing in the background? ("Gloom, despair and agony on me...")
I think it was more like the track from the shower-stabbing scene in Psycho.
Ah. Then it's definitely just the midnight snacks.

If you had dreamed to a Hee Haw soundtrack, then your precious flute would've been doomed.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"Precious"?? It's the only one I've got, mister. I suppose that's precious, considering I can't just snap my fingers and *presto* -- new flute.

YOU'RE precious, though. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Rod Sprague wrote:I was in a dream interpretation group, once. The proper etiquette when interpreting someone else’s dream is to start with something to the effect of "If it had been my dream; ", as dreams can be deeply personal and the dreamer is the one in the best position to understand the dream in their personal context. It is also not a good idea to share deeply personal things such as dreams with outsiders, so things are completely out of control, now.
Makes a change, doesn't it?

I agree, dreams are personal and the interpretation is likely to be personal too. And I've done this before. That's why my replies tend to be in half-rhetorical questions. The dreamer should answer them, but not post the answers. With any luck (or rather, with any accuracy) the questions should provoke an "aha!" insight. In my own way I'm trying to follow a similar etiquette to Rod's.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

My comment was meant as humor, hence the “completely out of control” bit at the end. I have a rather dry sense of humor much of the time. Some people that don’t realize this often assume I’m simply insane, including much of the local kitsune community.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:YOU'RE precious, though. :wink:
Worth my weight in gold. (But only if I die in an accident.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."