Bar fight stories

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Been in a Bar fight???

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 35

buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by buddhu »

Got into lots of fights when I was a kid. Partly from spending my teenage years in an iffy neighbourhood, partly from peer pressure, partly from thinking I was Bruce Lee after a few years of Tae Kwon Do.

On the last point I was *so* wrong.

I got my arse kicked more often than I won. Eventually the 'hey-this-is-stupid' message began to sink in and I started to grow up.

In general since thage of about 20 I've not really got into fights at all. The odd thing is that as I get older my patience with offensive people wears thin very quickly, and had it not been for the calming wisdom of my wonderful wife I would probably have lapsed last year when a particularly obnoxious chap began singing the praises of racist skinhead rock bands in our local hostelry. He became indignant when I disagreed.

I go with the school of thought that says fighting is dangerous and unwise. Wisdom isn't my strong point, but I do stay out of trouble. :)

In the real world, fights are rarely as entertaining as the one in The Quiet Man. **Ducks quickly having mentioned TQM, in order to avoid wildly swinging Irish fists...**
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

buddhu wrote: In the real world, fights are rarely as entertaining as the one in The Quiet Man. **Ducks quickly having mentioned TQM, in order to avoid wildly swinging Irish fists...**
And in the real world, even if the other chap doesn't land a punch, you're still gonna hurt plenty the next day.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

rh wrote:another guy who came out on the wrong end of a bar fight, not very far from where i'm living right now:
en paz descanse
Yup. Although, Jaco had a personality and ego as large as life, and this often times alienated him from other musicians... it also led to his unfortunate death at the hand of bar bouncers... or so I have read.

Jaco thought and proclaimed himself to be the best bass player that ever lived, and I have to agree.

Sad.