Do not...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote: Also, I only get to read the newspaper last.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! Yeah! I am so in that boat! I go crazy when certain someones who have peanut butter and jam on their fingers open the fridge to get milk or other items and leave a goop infested trail on everything they touch. Thank goodness I am a biologist who can appreciate different "cultures" 'cause they show up everywhere in the fridge and other places. Fuzzy blue bread anyone?
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

izzarina wrote: Ummm...I'm thinking the problem isn't so much with "fanny" as it is with "riding". But I might be wrong on that one...
the combination of the two actually. It's a bit like the American woman walking into an Irish toy shop with her mind set on buying a large image of Walt Disney's favourite mouse and saying : 'I'd like a big Mickey' Image

If you tell someone here you the riding you've been doing is giving you a sore fanny, you'll be sure raise a few eyebrows

Great fun, this stuff that isn't necessarily in the average dictionaryImage
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote: Now, having looked up "fanny," I will still contend that a brisk posting trot, performed poorly, has done no favors to many a girl's.
Ummm...I'm thinking the problem isn't so much with "fanny" as it is with "riding". But I might be wrong on that one...
Entirely possible, but still...I ask you--
Make me a list of the 5 or 6 words which have NOT been co-opted into off-color service by U.K. English (or any other english for that matter,) and I'll strive to compose all further remarks out of only the allowable list.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Peter Laban wrote: If you tell someone here you the riding you've been doing is giving you a sore fanny, you'll be sure raise a few eyebrows
If that's what I'd meant, I can assure you that Miss Julie's instruction would not have been necessary.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:
izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote: Now, having looked up "fanny," I will still contend that a brisk posting trot, performed poorly, has done no favors to many a girl's.
Ummm...I'm thinking the problem isn't so much with "fanny" as it is with "riding". But I might be wrong on that one...
Entirely possible, but still...I ask you--
Make me a list of the 5 or 6 words which have NOT been co-opted into off-color service by U.K. English (or any other english for that matter,) and I'll strive to compose all further remarks out of only the allowable list.
Given the fact that I'm not always one that thinks censorship is necessary, I'm thinking that your remarks...UK English approved or not...should remain as they are. I knew what you meant...and as you are alluding to, just about anything that is said can be construed into something off color. In other words, it would be rather sad if you limited your posts to only 5-6 words emm, and I won't stand for it ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Denny

Post by Denny »

good point, I'm sitting down also!
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

emmline wrote:...Make me a list of the 5 or 6 words which have NOT been co-opted into off-color service by U.K. English (or any other english for that matter,)...
Now there is an impossible task.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: Hey Emm - One of my habits is to carry broken egg shells from the stove to the garbage while dripping egg all over the floor. Is that worse than english muffin particles?
That's just NASTY!! Flydood!!! My kids do this too, and it drives me absolutely nutty. Why don't you put them into a bowl or something first? Why do you have to get the slimy ick stuff all over my clean floor?

Ew, ew, ew!!!!! :P
Lately I have been using a bowl but I used to just let the dog lick it up.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Stop pussy footing around with these risqué words, the lot of you.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Flyingcursor wrote:
izzarina wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: Hey Emm - One of my habits is to carry broken egg shells from the stove to the garbage while dripping egg all over the floor. Is that worse than english muffin particles?
That's just NASTY!! Flydood!!! My kids do this too, and it drives me absolutely nutty. Why don't you put them into a bowl or something first? Why do you have to get the slimy ick stuff all over my clean floor?

Ya know, as long as you use pasteurized eggs there really shouldn't be any cross-contamination or health concerns.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

Cofaidh wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:
izzarina wrote: That's just NASTY!! Flydood!!! My kids do this too, and it drives me absolutely nutty. Why don't you put them into a bowl or something first? Why do you have to get the slimy ick stuff all over my clean floor?

Ya know, as long as you use pasteurized eggs there really shouldn't be any cross-contamination or health concerns.
sheesh! Rookies! You think you got it bad!?!?!?!
I bet NONE of you have ever picked tuna fish out of the mayo.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

CHasR wrote:I bet NONE of you have ever picked tuna fish out of the mayo.
Piffle! Nothing to it. You just clean it out the same way you get the butter and toast crumbs out of the jar of jam: with a your fingers. Simple.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

djm wrote:
CHasR wrote:I bet NONE of you have ever picked tuna fish out of the mayo.
Piffle! Nothing to it. You just clean it out the same way you get the butter and toast crumbs out of the jar of jam: with a your fingers. Simple.

djm
Or, if it's full enough you can lick them out.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm