Marcel Marceau dies.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

Rod Sprague wrote:I forget the comic’s name, but he said that he played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door came over and complained.
That'd be Steven Wright.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I like this picture of Marcel Marceau. I have never seen the face behind the paint,
and he seems like a whole different person to me even though I know he is not.
I think maybe I also am a bit scared by clowns and mimes for some reason.
I was not very familiar with his work but I know that his name has been famous for my entire lifetime.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:I also am a bit scared by clowns and mimes for some reason
Rent the movie Killer Klowns From Outer Space. You will learn why you are totally justified in being wary of these sinister creatures. :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh that sounds like just the thing.

Actually, when I was about four I went to the grocery store with my mom, and there was this really big clown wandering around the aisles. I'm sure he was working for the store, and he was supposed to talk to the little kiddies and make them happy. I was truly horrified when I saw him, and then he was approaching me! He wanted to talk to me! Thank goodness he stopped coming when he saw that I was scared and hiding behind my mother. During that whole trip to the store, I had to avoid that darned clown which involved a great deal of alertness on my part. I probably missed out on some great little toy he would have given me. Geez---I'm still feeling sorry for myself :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I find it so very admirable how he, a Jewish boy, lived through the Nazi Holocaust and became one of the world's most beloved entertainers. I've looked up some of his work on video, and I still don't "get" it, but I haven't written it off, and may come to "get" it yet.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jack

Post by Jack »

In my mind, to be a mime you must be French. I'm sure this is because of Marcel Marceau. I'm also sure I'm not the only person who feels this.