Airline tickets to Birmingham Alabama

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Nanohedron wrote:But let's avoid religious hijacking at this juncture.
Indeed -- let us leave all these bugs behind us, be they sauteed, parboiled, barbequed, oven-baked, chicken-fried, or biblical, and return now to the original topic of why we cannot help Dale move.

I would help, but my apathy gland has swollen up again. It's real bad this time. Between that and the rectal polyps and the rapid onset Guillain-Barré that has me confined to the couch, I don't think I could so much as look at a cardboard box, let alone plop it onto a hand truck and cart it out to the car. I'd tell you about my Lyme disease, too, but that would probably unlease another spate of biblical bug posts, so I'll forgo sharing the details about that little gem.
Last edited by gonzo914 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm too far away to help Dale move.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:Indeed -- let us...*snip*...return now to the original topic of why we cannot help Dale move.
Because I would be pathetic. I'd keep taking smoke breaks and try to get away with just making helpful suggestions and encouraging noises.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Lambchop wrote:Was the biblical prohibition against eating insects due to the number of parasites you can get from them, do you think?

Must investigate this . . .
From 1 Culinarious, Chapter 3

4 Of the meat of animals thou may eatest and, yea, so will thou eatest of the fruit of the tree and the vine.
5 But of certain things you are commanded to eat not. You may eat not the fruit-filled pastries that from the toaster pop
6 and neither will you eat of the six-legged crawly things, for they are Icky in my sight.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Dale wrote:[and neither will you eat of the six-legged crawly things, for they are Icky in my sight.
and to my ears. I had a roommate in Washington DC who sprayed our apartment for roaches and when I came home she was just shoveling them into the garbage disposal. Crunchity-crunchity-crunchity... I can hear it do this day. *shudder*

Susah
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

yea, verily
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

From the Book of Jobs, chapter 8:

13 -And the Undisputed made ready to change his working-place, and looked upon the measure of his store; and seeing that his travail would wax great and vexing, did call upon the Chiffianites to succour him, and charged them unto his aid, that his labor might be made light thereby.

14 -But the Chiffianites, being froward, did veil their heads and scuffed their sandals upon the earth, and did excuse themselves with divers excuses; and they bade fortune favor the Undisputed in his time of toil; and averting their eyes, they went severally away, and made merry in their frowardness.

15 -And the Undisputed was exceedingly wroth.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Nanohedron wrote:From the Book of Jobs, chapter 8:

13 -And the Undisputed made ready to change his working-place, and looked upon the measure of his store; and seeing that his travail would wax great and vexing, did call upon the Chiffianites to succour him, and charged them unto his aid, that his labor might be made light thereby.

14 -But the Chiffianites, being froward, did veil their heads and scuffed their sandals upon the earth, and did excuse themselves with divers excuses; and they bade fortune favor the Undisputed in his time of toil; and averting their eyes, they went severally away, and made merry in their frowardness.

What? No smiting? You can't wax biblical without smiting, for a god without someone to smite is like . . is like . . . well, it's just not right. Wroths and frowardness are good, but you gotta have smiting. (And if you need some candidates, I could make you up a list.)
And yellow fringe
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:From the Book of Jobs, chapter 8:

What? No smiting? You can't wax biblical without smiting, for a god without someone to smite is like . . is like . . . well, it's just not right. Wroths and frowardness are good, but you gotta have smiting. (And if you need some candidates, I could make you up a list.)
Give me strength. Have you even READ the Book of Jobs???? If you had, you'd know that the Undisputed wasn't a god. He was more like a mongo temple scribe, or something. Mongo scribes don't smite. They edit and delete.

Well, okay, that's sort of like smiting, isn't it.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:Give me strength. Have you even READ the Book of Jobs???? If you had, you'd know that the Undisputed wasn't a god. He was more like a mongo temple scribe, or something. Mongo scribes don't smite. They edit and delete.
And Mongo definitely needed someone to scribe for him, being the illiterate man-ape-gone-wrong that he was.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

"Nano only pawn in game of chiffboard."
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I really need to find out who this "Mongo" is. People keep coming up with references to him. I'm left feeling un-part of the in-joke.

He looks like an uncomplicated, healthy, stout fellow, though. Maybe he could help Dale move his stuff.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Nanohedron wrote:I really need to find out who this "Mongo" is. People keep coming up with references to him. I'm left feeling un-part of the in-joke.

He looks like an uncomplicated, healthy, stout fellow, though. Maybe he could help Dale move his stuff.
He likes Candygrams. Maybe he'll help Dale move if you send him a Candygram.
And yellow fringe
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I really need to find out who this "Mongo" is. People keep coming up with references to him. I'm left feeling un-part of the in-joke.

There's an idea. Mongo might really put the pedal to the metal with a good sugarbuzz on.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:

There's an idea. Mongo might really put the pedal to the metal with a good sugarbuzz on.
Uh, bad idea. Too much sugar makes him irritable, and he's likely to go around punching large mammals.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."