Death to all machines....except coffee makers

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

Clue me in folks.
Stink pretty is wrong unless it comes from using a free sample bar of Dove soap?

I don't see the difference between scented candle stink pretty and Dove soap stink pretty.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

hyldemoer wrote:Clue me in folks.
Stink pretty is wrong unless it comes from using a free sample bar of Dove soap?

I don't see the difference between scented candle stink pretty and Dove soap stink pretty.
I can't speak for the other people who've spoken towards the issue, but personally I can handle one bar of scented soap in a room better than I can handle 50,000 candles or a 1,000,000 sticks of incense.
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Cranberry wrote: I can't speak for the other people who've spoken towards the issue, but personally I can handle one bar of scented soap in a room better than I can handle 50,000 candles or a 1,000,000 sticks of incense.
I think 1,000,000 sticks of incense and 1,000,000 bars of soap would be equally unpleasant for me..
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The hijack-job on this thread is spectacular.
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Just because YOU'RE in a bad mood, Dale, we have to accept your demonization of candle shops.

I've tried a lot of candles but these are the best. They say the Cinnaberry is popular with the fellows, but I like most of their scents.

http://www.wickitgoodcandles.com/

Oh, and buy a Mac. After you've bought some good candles. :D
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Very strong perfumes and such really screw with my sinuses. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that, most times, there's snot everywhere.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Death to all scented-candle making machines.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

peeplj wrote:
It's all one world.

There is much they see and many places where they are blind.

There is much we see, and many places where we are blind.

"We" and "they" are deliberately ambiguous, as these statements are identities; they are another way of saying "1 = 1".

--James
Perhaps it is all one world. But in our individual seeings and blindnesses, each sees, and lives in, a different one.
Hi. My name is David and I'm a whistleholic.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Since we went on daylight-savings time, the clock in my car has displayed the time an hour slow. For the life of me I can't remember the correct sequence of numbers to push on the car radio to change the time of the clock. I had a manual in my glovebox, but it mysteriously disappeared when I took it in to the shop for repair. I figured that if they needed my owner's manual in order to fix my car, then I probably won't take it back to them a second time. I browsed ebay for a 1994 Buick Century owner's manual, and I saw that they were selling for up to $40. Now I understand the disappearance of the manual.

A friend of mine is an electronic technician. He has several solar panels on his roof to generate electricity. He built a little control cabinet on the side of his house to contain the other elctrical equipment needed to connect his system to the city power grip. He lives in Tucson, Arizoan, so on a sunny day his city electic meter will run backwards if he isn't using much current in the house. When I was visiting him, the system was down because of a converter that had stopped working. The converter cost $3,000 and is quite heavy. He said that he didn't know of any repair people in Tucson who were qualified to work on it. It would have to go back to the factory. My friend knows that it is probably just a small part or electrical connection that has malfunctioned, but to find it is quite another matter. He was in a quandry as what to do. For now the system is down, for a similar reason to the clock that is an hour slow in my car.

I only like machines when everything is working OK.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I've worked on computers for a while, now, and the most important thing I've learned is this: always have an alternate plan.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Back on topic. . . kind of. . .

Kill your coffee maker too. You really just need a kettle to boil the water and a French press. You'll never go back to Mr. Coffee again.

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Sliabh Luachra wrote:Back on topic. . . kind of. . .

Kill your coffee maker too. You really just need a kettle to boil the water and a French press. You'll never go back to Mr. Coffee again.

Mark
Oh, wait a minute :lol: . Our coffee maker makes coffee so it's there when you get up. That's the one appliance I really like. It does beep though. And I don't think the beep is at all necessary. Those French press things are nice I guess, but they take too much fussing around for me.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
alurker

Post by alurker »

Yeah the French. Don't get me started on the French, coming over here taking our jobs and stealing our wimin. What does everyone else think about immigration policy and the unspoken conspiracy?

Edited to add: And don't any of ye even think about hijacking this thread....
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

this be good smell

these be bad smells

ImageImage
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Sliabh Luachra wrote:Back on topic. . . kind of. . .

Mark
Funny, I went from French Press to Mr. coffee. And Now, I have taken a step backward witha coffee maker that has a screen (much like a French Press) filter attachment that fits inside the filter bucket. Yum, very yum.

We as a society have become way too dependant on technology, and we are weaker for it. Just think, to what extent or % would your life be thrown into chaos if electric power were to suddenly vanish from the scene?

For one, we wouldn't be having this discussion I'll bet. :P :D