Suggestions for improving this site

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Mutton dressed as Lamb...or so I heard.

Slan,
D. :P
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

dubhlinn wrote:Mutton dressed as Lamb...or so I heard.

Slan,
D. :P
As did I . . . <snort!> . . . well, there is no accounting for taste. If that's what he'd rather have than the real thing . . . sigh.

Poor Lamby. It's just so tragic that she had to find out the hard way. No one has heard from her since she discovered herself fenced in last night, clearly on her way to being the star attraction at that gruesome cook-out.

Cynth, did the money you wired ever get delivered? We've been trying to find some trace of her, to no avail. We've checked all the shelters, the bus lines, and the large animal veterinarians. Really, we've looked just everywhere.

Her little room seems so empty and the house so quiet without her trotting along on her little treadmill. The last romance novel she read is still lying on the chaise by the pool. Well, didn't this turn out to be quite the opposite from a bodice ripper!

I don't suppose there is a chance that a handsome, be-kilted, vegetarian Scotsman will come to her aid. Though, if she survives this, I expect she'll swear off men forever. Kilt or no, he'd not have a chance!
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

<snnrrrff> <snort> Huh? What? Bodice ripping? :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Random notes wrote:
dapple wrote:That's simply not true. I was wearing boxers.
Cool. They're great dogs.

Roger
Not the ones involved in the Boxer rebellion.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote: Cynth, did the money you wired ever get delivered?
Oh nO! Nano was supposed to wire the money!! I thought he'd figure out where to wire it to, being a man and all. I thought Lamby would still be waitressing today. She was being fenced in permanently? :o Oh geez. [ I didn't quite get that :lol: ]. I thought it was a fence for her safety. I thought the danger wasn't until the barbecue this week-end. Okay. We have a couple of big problems!! :boggle: :boggle:

Okay, here's what I'm going to do. I will send a bunch of money to the Animal Rescue League in Topeka-----this will pay for whatever expenses they incur for a rescue and also leave enough left over for a nice donation to them.

I will tell them that a lamb is being held prisoner for unmentionable purposes (I'll just hint at that terrible article Weekender posted) in an enclosure by the dumpster of The International House of Pancakes (how many can there be in Topeka?). They will go get Lamby. She's got to be there. The Animal Rescue League will not let us down, they are very serious about the welfare of animals.

Okay, I'm on my way to get the money to them right now. They should be rescuing Lamby tomorrow morning. Is the IHOP a 24 hr place? If they are, maybe they can get to her sooner. I'll warn them that it could be tricky. And Lamby, don't use your semi automatic weapon because you might accidentally shoot one of your rescuers. And they are tough on crime in Topeka. So be sure to call us from the Animal Rescue League once you get there, okay?

AND NOW BACK TO THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED TOPIC WHICH WAS EITHER

"HOW TO WEAR YOUR BOXERS" or "SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING THIS SITE"
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:
Lambchop wrote: Cynth, did the money you wired ever get delivered?
Oh nO! Nano was supposed to wire the money!! I thought he'd figure out where to wire it to, being a man and all. I thought Lamby would still be waitressing today. She was being fenced in permanently? :o Oh geez. [ I didn't quite get that :lol: ]. I thought it was a fence for her safety. I thought the danger wasn't until the barbecue this week-end. Okay. We have a couple of big problems!! :boggle: :boggle:
Yeah, I think we do! I guess it was Nano, now that I think on it. Men! Well, he had it in for her from the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if he wired the money straight to the IHOP to get them to FedEx some chops and a roast.

Oh, no! I'll bet he spilled the beans about her escape plan, too! That's why she's trapped!

I'm sure they're still feeding her, thank goodness, although the poor thing is probably too frightened to eat.
I will tell them that a lamb is being held prisoner for unmentionable purposes (I'll just hint at that terrible article Weekender posted)
That should do it, even if they're not vegetarians. (Eww!)
in an enclosure by the dumpster of The International House of Pancakes (how many can there be in Topeka?).
Ten. Greater metropolitan Topekans seem to have a fondness for 24-hour-a-day breakfast.

I think I narrowed it down. She was on hoof, so she couldn't have gotten far from the bus station. That's on SE 3rd street. The nearest IHOP is at 1731 SW Wanamaker Rd, Topeka, Kansas 66604-3812. It's only a couple miles. I google-mapped it . . .you can practically see their dumpster! (I couldn't get a picture to post . . . drat!)

Warn the ARL that she'll be sticky from the syrup . . . you know how those IHOP tables are! They might want to bring a plastic cloth for her to sit on.

Gosh, I hope we don't have to have her deprogrammed! She might have Stockholm Syndrome by now! Or PTSD!
AND NOW BACK TO THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED TOPIC WHICH WAS EITHER

"HOW TO WEAR YOUR BOXERS" or "SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING THIS SITE"
Oh, I think we've improved it. 8)
Cotelette d'Agneau
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lamby, what on EARTH are you talking about??? I just got here after a stint away; concentrating on stuff like piping, for instance. Nobody said anything to me about any money. And Cynth, the idea that I should be able to handle everything because I'm a guy is insulting to both our genders. And you broads call MEN Neanderthal. Huh. As for the money, I wonder if my identity's been thefted. It's either that, or you should have the good manners to share whatever it is you and Cynth are smoking. It sounds killer.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I think a great way to make this site a little better is to get a new coffee vending machine in the member's lounge. I am tired of putting in my dollar, and watching as the little door closes, the creamer squirts out, followed by the coffee and finally the little paper cup!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: I don't mind insulting my gender as long as I can get in a good one at yours! It's worth it. :lol: :lol: Okay, I know, some people will do anything for a laugh. I'm one of them. :lol:

But, back to the most serious thing. We really should have heard from the Animal Rescue League by now. I definitely got the money to them. I wonder if they're having trouble finding the right IHOP? I told them to start with the one closest to the bus depot if there was more than one. It's getting close to 24 hours ago.

Oh, JES, the coffee isn't any good anyway. There's a latte cart just outside. That's where I go.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:I think a great way to make this site a little better is to get a new coffee vending machine in the member's lounge. I am tired of putting in my dollar, and watching as the little door closes, the creamer squirts out, followed by the coffee and finally the little paper cup!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Oiy!

You sooo lucky!

If it comes out in right order,
you drink it.
You drink it,
you die.

You sooo lucky!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

"The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response of a hostage, or an individual in a hostage-like situation (e.g. dependent child, battered wife, etc) in which the more powerful person (captor, partner, child molester) (a) has the power to put the individual's life in danger or at least the power to worsen the individual's prospects for the future life, and (b) occasionally exercises this power in order to show that he or she is able to use it, if the victim will not conform to the more powerful person's will. The main symptom of the syndrome is the individual's seeming loyalty to the more powerful person in spite of the danger (or at least risk) that this loyalty puts them in."

:boggle: :o :boggle: What if she won't go with her rescuers because she's fallen in love with the manager of The International House of Pancakes?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

GOOD NEWS!!! LAMBY RESCUED!!!!

I have heard from the Helping Hands Humane Society, Inc. in Topeka.
They have managed to get Lamby out of her prison cell at
The International House of Pancakes!! The Humane Society looks a little dumpy, but it's really a nice place for a lamb with no where to go.

Her coat had to be sheared because it was simply
saturated with syrup and pancake crumbs and bits
of napkin were stuck in it. Although they were gentle, she was none too happy with the experience or the results.
ImageImage

For the time being, she is staying in a rather small cage.
They need to watch her carefully for any psychological
problems she might suffer as a result of this unspeakable experience.

She is currently undergoing counseling, both for the terrible stress of being fattened up for a barbecue (you can see she is just a touch on the plump side!) and also to help her decide on a career. She has Freudian analysis............................. petting therapy.................................................................................................................... and music therapy daily.
ImageImageImage

When Lamby once again feels the self-confidence
natural to her great breed, the Suffolk, she will be
able to stay on her own in this darling little barn. She can practice her flute and meditate on the beauties of nature. She can trot around on the lovely little paths (and take off some of those pounds)!
ImageImage

Drop us a line, Lamby, when you are feeling up to par! We are so glad you are safe!!
djm

Post by djm »

JES, I have received the payment from Nano and your package is now on its way via Fedex. PM me for the tracking number and ... the ... er .... :oops:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:GOOD NEWS!!! LAMBY RESCUED!!!!
Well Cynth that is very good news!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:JES, I have received the payment from Nano and your package is now on its way via Fedex. PM me for the tracking number and ... the ... er .... :oops:

djm
Well. Nice doing business with you, I'm sure. :really:

Might as well call me Mud-ohedron, now. If only I had the power, I'd turn your beloved pipes into a full array of RECORDERS. Thanks loads, bud. Sheesh.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician