Watching As The World Turns With My Wife and Daughters

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Walden wrote: "Umm," says Rando7, why is there a half-baked action figure stuck to your briefcase?"
Ken is most certainly NOT an action figure. It is for this reason that Barbie dumped him for the Aussie dude, Blaine.

(I am undoubtedly, at this point in the story, seeking revenge on ChuckClark for all that cash bilking, by submitting his photo as the prototype for Barbie's next boyfriend.)
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

now, wait a minute - before this story goes ANY further, you are missing some elements essential to a "good" soap opera (is there such a thing?)

You don't have a hospital. You MUST have a hospital. You can introduce it by someone coming down with some dreaded disease - but you have to then go into character development of all the nurses and doctors that work there. Don't forget to include a psych ward, you'll need it eventually for your character that develops multiple personalities......
You need some type of school - high school or college - so you can have an illicit love affair between a student and teacher........
Remember, no elementary school age children. All kids must either be newborn, or teens (and therefore seeking sex). Kids between the ages of, oh, 4 to 12 do not add a THING to the story line.

Now - you could also add some elements of the GREATEST, MOST WONDERFUL soap opera of all times - Dark Shadows!!! You can then add a witch, vampire, werewolf, gypsy and others to the story. Think of the musical possibilities this opens up!!!!

Carry on......

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Can we have the multiple personalities gig?
emmline

Post by emmline »

I love the Dark Shadows concept. I volunteer to change my handle to "Quentin." I will fear, but be strangely compelled by, whistling in the moonlight.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Today's episode finds attorney Melvin Belly in the psych ward of Chiff Valley Hospital. "Tell me," Dr. Wisely asks calmly, "at what age did your mother begin buying you Ken dolls."

"Oh, goodness, I don't know, Dale. I can't remember not having them around. I know I had several Kens at the age of three."

"Well, let me put it to you a different way," Wisely continued, "at what point did Ken begin singing?"

"Singing?" quoth Belly, "He never ever said a word, other than maybe the occasional suggestion to pilfer a candy bar, until that time at his 15th birthday party..."

"Ahem... Ken's birthday?" inquired Wisely.

"Yes. Why?"

"No reason. Please continue."

"Anyway," continued Mr. Belly, "several of us kids were playing blind man's bluff when Holly Hobbie suggested we try smoking the Declaration of Independence."

-Cut to scene at Walden Ranch.-

Stefano: So we have a deal, then. The Dimera Syndicate has exclusive rights to all black market recordings?

Walden: What? If you have the rights, how is that black market?

Stefano: (clears throat) No reason.

Walden: Very well then, I have a meeting with the Irish Pepsi-Cloners' Association in a couple days, and I need to do some things to get ready, so I'll take my leave. Help yourself to milk and cookies.
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

*organ music*

Will the administrators at Chiff Valley Hospital find out about Dr. Wisely's past as a Watergate burglar/evil genius/amnesiac?

Will Jerry Freeman ever find the right Ken doll/whistle formula or have to move on to seeing what can be done with Silly Putty?

Will BroSteve, Az, and Murph ever find their way out of the permanent fog in which they seem to find themselves?

Will Emmline ever get her money back from Chuck Clark or will she have to spend the rest of her days busking on street corners dressed in the tattered 1970's hotpants she got at the thrift store?

Will the Nanohedrons ever be able to resolve their differences?

Will Gretchen ever get Dale to admit to being Ramon's father or will she spend the rest of her life working as a yodeler in the Swiss restaurant in Mexico City?

Will we ever find the right characters to work into the teacher/high school student fling story line? (considering Bloomfield or Martin Milner for this...)

Will Dick Clark's hair ever turn grey?

Stay tuned for answers to these questions...and much, much more...
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Oxadol? Just the mention of the name brings back memories.

Missy I am anxious to get home and listen to your MP3s. I have a mountain dulcimer but I've never been able to quite get the hang of it. I can't tell what I'm missing. Maybe I'm making it too complicated. Anyway I'll PM with more questions I'm sure. And the P&G trivia is great stuff.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

susnfx wrote:Will Jerry Freeman ever find the right Ken doll/whistle formula or have to move on to seeing what can be done with Silly Putty?
AAUGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does she KNOW?!?!?!

The silly putty accoustical studies were locked in the vault!

MOUSE?!? (The problem with having a mouse assistant is, you can never be sure if he's the real Mouse or an imposter.)

Has the Global Pennywhistle Tweaking Research and Production Consortium Headquarters been INFILTRATED? Or is Susanfx simply trying to sow seeds of discord and SABOTAGE our important work?

And the most important question of all ...

WHY is she doing this? What is the terrible secret that's compelling her to reveal the confidential inner workings of GPT&PC Headquarters?

*Ominous sounding organ music*

Stay tuned ...

Best wishes,
Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Freeman on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

susnfx wrote:*organ music*

Will the administrators at Chiff Valley Hospital find out about Dr. Wisely's past as a Watergate burglar/evil genius/amnesiac? ...
OK, I want to know HOW Dr. Wisely got his amnesia?

Was it a blow on the head by a WMD during a brawl in an Irish pub in the middle of Cajun territory?

Or is it some deeper, darker secret that he has repressed so well that he cannot remember anything else about his past life, even as it happens? What could that deep, dark secret be? What of his intense interest in Mr. Belly's relationship with Ken? Is he truely interested in helping, or is there something from his past that he has a very vague rememberance of that he is not able, or wants to recall.......

.... very quick memory flash to a young Dr. Wisely holding a doll of some sort, not enough to see what kind, but you sort of get the idea ....
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

And, methinks, a visit to a Swiss doctor might be in order for said amnesiac.

I happen to know a Swiss Doctor, who is currently in Edinburgh. But the name eludes me at the moment... wossisname...
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

OK guys, you're still ignoring one important aspect of a good soap opera. The theme tune.
Hey Gary, do you think we can sell our unsuspecting American friends the theme to The Archers? They'd never know, we could get away with it.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

jbarter wrote:OK guys, you're still ignoring one important aspect of a good soap opera. The theme tune.
Hey Gary, do you think we can sell our unsuspecting American friends the theme to The Archers? They'd never know, we could get away with it.
:o Can you imagine! "Dum-di-dum-di-dum-di-daaaa," on a sinister organ! :lol:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Somebody's gonna have to invent a sinister whistle.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

jbarter wrote:Somebody's gonna have to invent a sinister whistle.
Maybe that is what Davey S is up to???? :o
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:roll: :roll:
This thread is getting silly.There is far too much meandering around the place.
It needs to focus on some specific ideas.
I for one, and I am sure there are others, would like to see a detailed study on the idea of Emmline in tattered 70's hotpants. With pictures ,of course.

Slan,
D.
:roll: :roll: