Many Uilleann pipers have lost their only contacts w/others

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

The UP forum is now unlocked. Joseph E. Smith has volunteered his time and energy to moderating the forum. Indeed, Joseph has already spent a good bit of time working on this. He also has recruited some additional moderators, and I’ll let him tell you about this in subsequent posts.

For those of you who have been productive users of the board, thank you for your support and patience.

Dale
Ailin
antispam: No

Post by Ailin »

What is your quest? What is your favorite colour? ........ sorry, whenever I forget the lines of a particular Python flick, I automatically revert to the Holy Grail... I think it is a panic response.
Bring out your dead!
He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

DaleWisely wrote:The UP forum is now unlocked.
Damn. I knew those pipers would leave the pub just before it was their turn to get a round in.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jbarter wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:The UP forum is now unlocked.
Damn. I knew those pipers would leave the pub just before it was their turn to get a round in.
... that's all in keeping with a secret "piper's code". :D
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, that's one good thing about havin' a big Lib for a site owner. I knew Dale would give you back yer Forum. Now a Conservative woulda made ya suffer longer. Mwahahahahahah....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The Weekenders wrote:Well, that's one good thing about havin' a big Lib for a site owner. I knew Dale would give you back yer Forum. Now a Conservative woulda made ya suffer longer. Mwahahahahahah....
This is so true.
Caj

Post by Caj »

DaleWisely wrote:
GaryKelly wrote: CFDLF? Listen mate, you really 'ave to 'ate the Romans to join the CFDLF! Romanus Eunt Domus!
Yeah! We're not the bloody C&F Decency Liberation Front! We're the C&F Front for Decency Liberation (CFFDL)! And while you're at it, stay away from the Decency Liberation Front of C&F (DLFCF)!
You realize, Dale, that if you keep writing in this vein, you will have inadvertently composed a tune about this thread.

Caj
Paddy Finn

Post by Paddy Finn »

he's got a point....

all the same

Cheers

Finn :thumbsup:
....oh mother dear, i'm over here. And I never will come back, for what keeps me here's the reek o' beer, the ladies and the craic.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Caj wrote:
Beauford T Rosemondt III wrote: I rest my case.
Good. We've already gone 12 pages.

Caj
:lol:

/me pokes at the Roycinator
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Caj wrote:
CFDLF ... CFDLF ... CFFDL ... DLFCF
You realize, Dale, that if you keep writing in this vein, you will have inadvertently composed a tune about this thread.

Caj
I'm trying to play it, but what's the fingering for 'L'? :-?

;)
Paddy Finn

Post by Paddy Finn »

mabey its a Leumluith(sp)....same thing as a grip is it not?
....oh mother dear, i'm over here. And I never will come back, for what keeps me here's the reek o' beer, the ladies and the craic.
Wjndbag

My Lawdy!

Post by Wjndbag »

Well, didn't it all turn out to be a clearing of the air. Glad the pipers are back safely in the UP forum. Sorry Dale got called a Terrorist - nice photo though.
As a melodeon/whistle/uilleann pipe/fiddle/guitar/harmonica player, who buys a round every so often and prefers to play in large ensembles of volunteers, I have fallen from grace odd times to criticise other musicians - but I hope never for what they play, only how they play it.

And I posted an uncomplimentary item about Overtons which turned out to be based on a Demned Fake, now I have a real one I know better....

And isn't it nice that all this argument, and some quarrelling, could take place on C&F - Dale you are truly a Nelson Mandela figure. thanks.

Patrick