There's an app for that...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Re: There's an app for that...

Post by emmline »

Mute, I've had an AARP card since I was 35...i.e., since my spouse was on the verge of turning 50. That I am now about to be eligible in my own right is a terrible comfort, as you can imagine.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Looks like these scanner/code things are working almost flawlessly, I wonder how accurate OCR capabilities are these days or if I'll still have a better chance of learning to read QR code.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

mutepointe wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:Got to use it in the grocery store today, and it worked perfectly.
Tuesdays are Senior Citizen Discount Day at Kroger's. You are pegged.
Alas, no Kroger's here... :(

I had a human checker and she didn't have much comment: she'd seen the app already!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

emmline wrote:Mute, I've had an AARP card since I was 35...i.e., since my spouse was on the verge of turning 50. That I am now about to be eligible in my own right is a terrible comfort, as you can imagine.
I am beyond denial and the only time that I am revealing my age, even to my best friend is when I am eligible to retire. I won't even tell my best friend my birthday.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:
emmline wrote:Mute, I've had an AARP card since I was 35...i.e., since my spouse was on the verge of turning 50. That I am now about to be eligible in my own right is a terrible comfort, as you can imagine.
I am beyond denial and the only time that I am revealing my age, even to my best friend is when I am eligible to retire. I won't even tell my best friend my birthday.
I also received mine at a younger age as my wife was born forty days and forty nights before I was so she is much older than I am.
What is "retire?" Do you have to sign up for it?
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

dwest wrote:
mutepointe wrote:
I also received mine at a younger age as my wife was born forty days and forty nights before I was so she is much older than I am.
What is "retire?" Do you have to sign up for it?
I find a cruel irony in the fact that the age at which one qualifies as a "senior" has been slipping downward at the same time that life expectancy and the "retirement" age have been going up. For many people, it's looking like they'll never be able to retire -- but AARP wants us all to become members anyway, and various businesses want to offer us a small discount based on our having reached some threshold age, often as low as 55 or even 50.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Paul, I wanted to thank you for cluing me in to this.
I got the Android version of KeyRing and it's pretty
sweet. The cashiers have used the handheld scanner
to scan the phone with great success. But yesterday
I tried the self-scan at the grocer's and that scanner
could not catch the barcode off the phone. Has anyone
gotten this to work at a UScan?
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I haven't had luck with the self scan either.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!