Oscars...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Aanvil
antispam: No

Post by Aanvil »

I hate Rene Zellweger.

I anyone notice anything odd about her last night?

I think her eyes have finally disappeared and that she just had black thumb smudges of charcoal in their place.

Oh, and Pirates got ROBBED. The Golden Compass effects were sh*t.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

pirates?
what pirates?
oh the third installment, aahh...

i slept through it. :wink:

booooo-riiiiiinnnngg!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jkwest
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

wrong pirates, tyler... :lol:

no i didn't watch it.

Man...that girl who won for Le Vie en Rose....gawd, she's gorgeous!!!! I really liked her in A Good Year with Russell Crowe.

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Aanvil wrote:I hate Rene Zellweger.

Say it isn't so.... I thought she was the highlight of Cold Mountain.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Aanvil wrote:I hate Rene Zellweger.

Say it isn't so.... I thought she was the highlight of Cold Mountain.

<snort>

:lol:

Yeah...it was a real toss up between her and Nicole.

What a power house those two, eh?

The combined acting prowess is simply staggering.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

It is odd how famous she is. There's an imaginary short list of stars like that for me.

I still don't think Kevin Costner can act. But he's famous.
I still don't think Adam Sandler is funny. but he's famous.
I don't think Ellen Barkin is a good actress or attractive. But she's famous for being a sexy actress.
It's quite possible that Nicholas Cage plays Nicholas Cage in every movie. But he's quite famous.

And so on.

Zerwilliger got famous in the bridget Jones movies, which I have yet to see. Maybe I missed the boat right there.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Jack

Post by Jack »

The Weekenders wrote:It is odd how famous she is. There's an imaginary short list of stars like that for me.

I still don't think Kevin Costner can act. But he's famous.
I don't think Ellen Barkin is a good actress or attractive. But she's famous for being a sexy actress.
It's quite possible that Nicholas Cage plays Nicholas Cage in every movie. But he's quite famous.

And so on.

Zerwilliger got famous in the bridget Jones movies, which I have yet to see. Maybe I missed the boat right there.
I don't like Nicholas Cage or Adam Sandler either. They're both so ugly and untalented (that's my kind statement for the day).
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Who was it who said, "Richard Burton doesn't act; he behaves."?

Oh, right. I think that was some wag playing a reviewer in a skit on SNL years back.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

The Weekenders wrote:I still don't think Kevin Costner can act. But he's famous.
Guh, thank you! So it's not just me.
Thank you!!
THANK YOU!!!! That's what I'm talkin bout!
Actually, I blame "Jerry McGuire".

Also, Sarah Jessica Parker is famous, and her face looks like a foot.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah boyeeeeee! Don't get me started on Sarah JessicaP. She had one good role: "spinning" in LA Story, when she was a semi-cute teenager. Haven't liked her since. And yet, every other channel in my nightly surf has her on some show about sex or Manhat-tin or something. Yuk.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I'm surprised that I find myself defending Jon Stewart, but I actually thought that he was fairly good. He had a few good jokes, and kept just about the right tone.
Let's face it: no one can compare to Billy Crystal.
Stewart was certainly better than Karen Johnson ERRRR Whoopie Goldberg, who was smarmy and condescending when she wasn't being offensive.
Ellen, who I have met and found to be a surly egomaniac, would do a pretty good job.

About the show as a whole, it really helped to DVR it and fast forward through all the tedious bits (which comprise at least 75% of the show).

I was glad that Once won something. It was the only nominated movie I saw (that's kinda sad, isn't it?)
no wait I saw Enchanted with the kids. That "Happy Working Song" where she's singing with cockroaches and rats is fantastic.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Even a marginal talent can look like a super talent next to Tom Cruise thus Rene Zellweger's start. And the first Bridget Jones was funny. The second one not so much. The real Bridget Jones is a cookbook author/editor, interesting art imitating life?

I thought the "Falling Slowly" scene in Once was good, the rest of the movie was a little slow. But the characters were appealing.