I went to one of those Chinese buffets today for lunch....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
HampshireWhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by HampshireWhistler »

izzarina wrote:
HampshireWhistler wrote:Chinese food buffets are a huge plus in my family. We love going. With six kids it's very economical.
Six kids....you say that like it's a LOT or something ;) Good grief, I really am funny, aren't I?

:lol:
Yes, but looks aren't everything. :wink: By the way... don't forget to bring your whistles with you when you come to New Hampshire on Thursday. :party:
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged." - G.K. Chesterton
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

HampshireWhistler wrote:By the way... don't forget to bring your whistles with you when you come to New Hampshire on Thursday. :party:
Why? So you can make fun of the fact that I really can't play? :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Flyingcursor wrote:
mutepointe wrote:there was a most excellent chinese restaurant by our house when we lived in hurricane, wv. my wife babysits and one year for her birthday, the family wanted to get her something, so i suggested a gift certificate to that really great chinese restaurant. at the birthday party, the mom told this story......

I'm sorry to see your shift key is broken. I may have an extra keyboard you can borrow.

We have a Stir Max here that's pretty good.
my emoticon keys don't worth either. we'll all survive.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
HampshireWhistler

Post by HampshireWhistler »

izzarina wrote:
HampshireWhistler wrote:By the way... don't forget to bring your whistles with you when you come to New Hampshire on Thursday. :party:
Why? So you can make fun of the fact that I really can't play? :P
Stop being so modest. Just bring the whistles! It will be fun. :party:
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged." - G.K. Chesterton
super_woodwinder

my own story.. quite embarassing really

Post by super_woodwinder »

well, on the odd subject of chinese eateries, i had my own special trip to one. It was quite a long time ago, but one time it was my brother's birthday, so we all (about 12 people and 2 babies) went out to a somewhat local chinese buffet. Towards the end of our feast, the waitress naturally gave us our tab. It was about 90 bucks or so, but my little cousin saw it and (she's about 5) said "Holey cow! That's so much! We should leave Sam (that's me) here for payment instead!" and in at least my family we jab at eat other as affection, so then i replied back as fast as I could, "No, we should leave YOU here, because then everyone would be the same size!!" And right as I said that, the entire restaurant went silent. Let's just say we were the only caucasian people there. I FELT SO BAD!!! I was just kidding! I'm really a nice person! I just wanted to hide the rest of the time.... I didn't mean it.... aw, I still feel bad.... :cry: :oops:
"it was me! i was the turkey all along!"
Jack

Post by Jack »

One time they fed me crabs and told me it was purple onions.

I forgive them, but I will not eat the purple things ever again when I'm there.

I go there about once a month. Yes, it's cheap, but I like it.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I'd like to take this opportunity to report that I started Weight Watchers 7 weeks ago and I have lost 14 lbs. 51 more to go!

Dale
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dale wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to report that I started Weight Watchers 7 weeks ago and I have lost 14 lbs. 51 more to go!

Dale
Congratulations!! :)
emmline
antispam: No

Re: my own story.. quite embarassing really

Post by emmline »

super_woodwinder wrote:well, on the odd subject of chinese eateries, i had my own special trip to one. It was quite a long time ago, but one time it was my brother's birthday, so we all (about 12 people and 2 babies) went out to a somewhat local chinese buffet. Towards the end of our feast, the waitress naturally gave us our tab. It was about 90 bucks or so, but my little cousin saw it and (she's about 5) said "Holey cow! That's so much! We should leave Sam (that's me) here for payment instead!" and in at least my family we jab at eat other as affection, so then i replied back as fast as I could, "No, we should leave YOU here, because then everyone would be the same size!!" And right as I said that, the entire restaurant went silent. Let's just say we were the only caucasian people there. I FELT SO BAD!!! I was just kidding! I'm really a nice person! I just wanted to hide the rest of the time.... I didn't mean it.... aw, I still feel bad.... :cry: :oops:
I appreciate this story as I am quite capable myself of putting my foot in my mouth.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Dale wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to report that I started Weight Watchers 7 weeks ago and I have lost 14 lbs. 51 more to go!

Dale
Congratulations, Dale. By the way, are you counting points, or are you on the set menu? My wife and I often eat out at a Chinese buffets (there are so many near us), but trying to count WW points is difficult. "Now, Rita, do you think that the cream puff desert that I just ate was 3 or 4 points? What do you mean that I have already eaten 25 points, dear?"
Jack

Post by Jack »

I think they should have an "all you can eat" option for those who don't want to eat a lot. For example, even if I go in and eat lo mein noodles and vegetables and nothing else (which I do), I still have to pay $12.00 at one place, and I think that's obscene. Since it's a buffet restaurant, they won't let you get just one thing.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Cranberry wrote:I think they should have an "all you can eat" option for those who don't want to eat a lot. For example, even if I go in and eat lo mein noodles and vegetables and nothing else (which I do), I still have to pay $12.00 at one place, and I think that's obscene. Since it's a buffet restaurant, they won't let you get just one thing.
Cran, most buffets that I've been too will also accept individual orders for a single item, although it may not be as proportionally inexpensive as you would desire. For example, with a lunch menu, $6.95 may be the all-you-can-eat price. If you want just a bowl of noodles, you have to order from the ala carte menu. Sorry, but the bowl of noodles is also $6.95. Don't try to reason with them.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Doug_Tipple wrote:For example, with a lunch menu, $6.95 may be the all-you-can-eat price. If you want just a bowl of noodles, you have to order from the ala carte menu. Sorry, but the bowl of noodles is also $6.95. Don't try to reason with them.
No, it's $12. That's what I was saying.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cranberry wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:For example, with a lunch menu, $6.95 may be the all-you-can-eat price. If you want just a bowl of noodles, you have to order from the ala carte menu. Sorry, but the bowl of noodles is also $6.95. Don't try to reason with them.
You need to shop around. There's not a Chinese buffet in the world worth 12 bucks. It's all vegetables and dubious parts of animals. Except in Texas, where they have traditional Chinese chicken fried steak, fried biscuits and jalapeno cornbread.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

gonzo914 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
You need to shop around. There's not a Chinese buffet in the world worth 12 bucks. It's all vegetables and dubious parts of animals. Except in Texas, where they have traditional Chinese chicken fried steak, fried biscuits and jalapeno cornbread.
You forgot chili.