Heinz to field test instant beans on toast

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Jowlin', Jowlin', Jowlin', Jowlin'...

Ah'm a-beggin' of yuh, pleese don' take mah maaaaaan.....
Should this be on the self-pity thread? :lol:
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

SteveShaw wrote:##A million housewives every day

Pick up a tin of beans and say

Beanz meanz fartz ##
Wow! I only just picked up on the convergence! Videotext subtitles use hashes (sorry, pound-signs) to indicate music. And Steve is using them the same way! An Eirenicon! I will strive to emulate this usage!

Can you get people to start using the Tharn and Dagaz as well?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

I wonder what kinda goo-glue you have to mix in with the beans to keep 'em from drippin' all over.

My kid loves bean sandwiches. He has been vindicated, I guess...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I read today in connection with the beans on toast thing that 97% of canned baked beans are eaten in the UK and that most Americans don't understand us for eating such a sweet and nasty concoction. I must say I agree - but once in a while I want beans on toast to the exclusion of all else. I recommend wholemeal toast with an excessive amount of butter topped with Marks and Spencer own-brand beans. I kill people who threaten to use margarine in my food.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm a university student. I don't, however, cook.
djm

Post by djm »

Well .... I was going to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, but as I have a cupboard full of Heinz beans, and a couple loaves of stone-ground whole grain bread in the fridge, and a # o' butter, and am easily led ..... :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

SteveShaw wrote:I read today in connection with the beans on toast thing that 97% of canned baked beans are eaten in the UK and that most Americans don't understand us for eating such a sweet and nasty concoction. I must say I agree - but once in a while I want beans on toast to the exclusion of all else. I recommend wholemeal toast with an excessive amount of butter topped with Marks and Spencer own-brand beans. I kill people who threaten to use margarine in my food.
:lol: :lol:
It has been my observation over the years that you have to be one of the pickiest eaters I've ever heard of. Try this sometime; two slices of the local store brand of white bread, two slices of the local store brand American Processed Cheese Food, and a slathering of the local store brand whipped spread on the outside. Grill-flip-grill. Eat with some 2% milk mixed with the local store brand chocolate powder.

Finish with a nice steaming cup of the local store brand coffee. Use artificial cream powder, (local store brand), if you desire.

Now THAT's a lunch!!!

Edited. I almost forgot. If the above is for supper you can substitute the coffee for a 40 ounce bottle of Milwaukee's Best Ice beer. Straight from the bottle!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Isn't Local Store Brand just another name for Waldco?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I thought it was only in England or Great Britain that people ate beans on toast. I eat the canned beans, but have never known anyone here that had them on toast. I've just read about it in British novels and the like. For some reason beans and bread don't seem to go together to me.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth, not bread, toast! Hot toast, dripping with melted butter. Then hot beans on top. Some people like ketchup or mustard on their beans. Some people pour brown sauce on everything. But its got to be toast.

djm
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

djm wrote:Cynth, not bread, toast! Hot toast, dripping with melted butter. Then hot beans on top. Some people like ketchup or mustard on their beans. Some people pour brown sauce on everything. But its got to be toast.

djm
No it doesn't. Don't listen to him Cynth. There's nowt much wrong with a baked bean butty. Cheap bread, thick butter. You don't know how to live!

djm

Post by djm »

What's bread? Just a flacid wad of dough! Now toast, that's a proper food. Its hot, crunchable, you can load all sorts of stuff to eat on it without it flopping over (unlike bread), and it makes everything taste better. Go for the toast, Cynth, the toast. :boggle:

djm
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Yeah, go for the toast Cynth, but in an emergency bread cuts the mustard. He's too dogmatic!

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:

Beanz meanz fartz ##
Wow! I only just picked up on ðe convergence! Videotext subtitles use hashes (sorry, pound-signs) to indicate music. And Steve is using ðem ðe same way! An Eirenicon! I will strive to emulate ðis usage!

Can you get people to start using ðe Þarn and Ðagaz as well?
Ðere. I Þink I got everyþing. Does ðat help?

I believe "wodge" is a direct descendant of wocgean, an Anglo-Saxon verb meaning "to stuff wið (yes, I know some of you pronounce it 'wiþ') wild abandon, using for ðe purpose heavy foodstuffs or clay".
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Nanohedron wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:

Beanz meanz fartz ##
Wow! I only just picked up on ðe convergence! Videotext subtitles use hashes (sorry, pound-signs) to indicate music. And Steve is using ðem ðe same way! An Eirenicon! I will strive to emulate ðis usage!

Can you get people to start using ðe Þarn and Ðagaz as well?
Ðere. I Þink I got everyþing. Does ðat help?

I believe "wodge" is a direct descendant of wocgean, an Anglo-Saxon verb meaning "to stuff wið (yes, I know some of you pronounce it 'wiþ') wild abandon, using for ðe purpose heavy foodstuffs or clay".
þanks, Nano! Ðis is great!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!