Now PETA has gone too far!!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Redwolf wrote:PETA has gone beyond the pale so many times, there's little they can do that would surprise me anymore. Despite being a long-time animal rights activist and vegetarian, I withdrew all support from PETA many years ago (back when they first started using a cutesy character dressed like a carrot to hand out grisly slaughterhouse pictures to elementary school children).

Redwolf
My sentiments exactly. PeTA is insane; ethical/religious vegetarianism is not.
In The Woods

Post by In The Woods »

I haven't heard of any of the PETA crowd messing with the Hell's Angels, who have been known to wear leather gear, from time to time... :twisted:

With best regards,

Steve Mack
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light get's in.

Leonard Cohen
Jack

Post by Jack »

In The Woods wrote:I haven't heard of any of the PETA crowd messing with the Hell's Angels, who have been known to wear leather gear, from time to time... :twisted:

With best regards,

Steve Mack
I know quite a few Hells Angels who are members of PeTA; you'd be surprised.
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

and remember that she has yet to graduate high school, or so I've read... I think... maybe its about Abrahm Lincoln... wait...
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

Redwolf wrote:
I did mention that I'm a vegetarian, did I not? Most of the vegetarian community is heartily sick of PETA's antics...but would be equally sickened by someone throwing animal fat.

When one group is offensive, the answer is NOT to be equally offensive in return. That just lowers one to their level.

Redwolf
Redwolf, for you, I'll bring vegtable oil, 'k? It was meant as a joke though....
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I wondered which way this would flop. A Paris thread or a Peta thread.

I'm all for a Paris thread.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Cranberry wrote:
In The Woods wrote:I haven't heard of any of the PETA crowd messing with the Hell's Angels, who have been known to wear leather gear, from time to time... :twisted:

With best regards,

Steve Mack
I know quite a few Hells Angels who are members of PeTA; you'd be surprised.
As a younger man I was a Barron (SLC chapter of the REAL Hell's Angels, not that sissy bunch of execs and rich folk who get together and pretend to be tough), and I would be very surprised indeed to find that there were real Hell's Angels who were members of PeTA...so surprised that I'm tempted to call you out on this one, Cran, I think someone is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours.

And Steve, just for the record, PeTA members tried once to go after a group of Sundowners (these guys were very bad news until they were busted up finally by the UHP and Sherriff's dept)...
Three died, one into a coma, three others survived with serious wounds...
IMHO and experience, PeTA doesn't go after people who they know/think might fight back or retaliate.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Tyler Morris wrote: I would be very surprised indeed to find that there were real Hell's Angels who were members of PeTA...so surprised that I'm tempted to call you out on this one, Cran, I think someone is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours.
Having met a few of the boys over the years, I was also very surprised by this notion..very surprised :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I know quite a few Hells Angels who are members of PeTA; you'd be surprised.
...so surprised that I'm tempted to call you out on this one, Cran, I think someone is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours.
I think that if Cranberry is actually making a joke, we should be liberal with our positive reinforcement in hopes that it won't take him another 7,600 posts to get to a second one.

Way to go, Cranberry. (I'm giving you this one on consignment until we can establish whether or not this was, indeed, a joke. If it was, it was a damn fine one.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

gonzo914 wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I know quite a few Hells Angels who are members of PeTA; you'd be surprised.
...so surprised that I'm tempted to call you out on this one, Cran, I think someone is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours.
I think that if Cranberry is actually making a joke, we should be liberal with our positive reinforcement in hopes that it won't take him another 7,600 posts to get to a second one.

Way to go, Cranberry. (I'm giving you this one on consignment until we can establish whether or not this was, indeed, a joke. If it was, it was a damn fine one.)
Don't be jealous.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

gonzo914 wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
I think that if Cranberry is making a joke, we should be liberal with our positive reinforcement in hopes that it won't take him another 7,600 posts to get to a second one.

Way to go, Cranberry. (I'm giving you this one on speculation.)
It is kind of funny, if you think about it...Cranberry, running into "quite a few" hells angels at church and on campus, striking up a conversation, becoming fast friends, and going to PETA meetings together.

Picture it in your mind as a montage of long camera shots with cheesy pop music and no dialog, and ending up with one of the Hells Angels giving Cran a daisy or something, and it's even funnier..just like a "we can all get along" commercial from the 70's
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wanderer Like this?

I'd like to teach the world to sing,
In perfect harmony...

Buy the world a Coke!
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of ;)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Hells Angels send a message to PeTA

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Jack

Post by Jack »

I don't go to PeTA meetings; I've never been to one.