No more mint sauce jokes...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

gonzo914 wrote:I, too, love the little lambies,...But my love for the lambies is a pale, puny thing compared to my love for the little veals. ...Now if someone would just hand me the olive oil, we'll continue.
OH YES! Lamb in curry sauce, lamb kebobs. . .roast suckling pig is also tasty!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Tyler Morris wrote:A cult?
You mean....
like peta?
Well, if it's PETA it looks like the animals are running things now so I'm gonna lie low here awhile. :lol: I mean, she's BIG!
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

gonzo914 wrote:I, too, love the little lambies, but not until they have been ground and seasoned and formed into gyros.

But my love for the lambies is a pale, puny thing compared to my love for the little veals. God bless the little calvies for giving themselves up so selflessly, that we might have veal scallopini, and veal picatta, and veal parmesean, and veal marsala, and the magnificent veal saltimbocca.

Baby calves -- I doff my hat to you in tribute. I hope someone is saving you a nice warm spot by heaven's hearth.

Now if someone would just hand me the olive oil, we'll continue.
I thought Gonzo only loved chickens...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Tyghress wrote:OH YES! Lamb in curry sauce, lamb kebobs. . .roast suckling pig is also tasty!
How like a tiger...

They're Grrrrreat!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

jsluder wrote:I thought Gonzo only loved chickens...
Coq au vin, chicken kiev, chicken cordon bleu, sauteed chicken livers (smothered in vidalia onions with a splash of cognac), fried gizzards -- gonzo has very ecumenical tastes in chicken.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

gonzo914 wrote:
jsluder wrote:I thought Gonzo only loved chickens...
Coq au vin, chicken kiev, chicken cordon bleu, sauteed chicken livers (smothered in vidalia onions with a splash of cognac), fried gizzards -- gonzo has very ecumenical tastes in chicken.
Pollo con Mole. Mmm...
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

:really:

I'm going to work out presently, now that I have suitable inspiration to apply myself more diligently than usual to the weights.

I'll be back to discuss this . . . this . . . unfortunate line of thinking later.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

You guys better make some offerings to her!
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

General Tso's Tofu.
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lamb shoulder steaks. Trust me. Barely cook 'em so that they're almost-raw rare with garlic, salt and black pepper. Simplicity reigns with this oh-so-tender delicacy.

And I think mint sauce is an atrocious cliché.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think Bloomfield has the right idea folks. Get ready before it's too late.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mock Duck, then.

"Ha! You call yourself a duck??? Puh-leeeze."
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Here's some nice clover for you to romp around in Lamby. And here's a very nice fellow who would be delighted to make your aquaintance.
Image Image
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

[quote="gonzo914"But my love for the lambies is a pale, puny thing compared to my love for the little veals. God bless the little calvies for giving themselves up so selflessly, that we might have veal scallopini, and veal picatta, and veal parmesean, and veal marsala, and the magnificent veal saltimbocca.[/quote]

I think that I may just be ill over this one. How anyone can eat veal is beyond me. It just seems so barbaric. Not to mention that you are stuffing yourself silly with meat that was gotten from an animal that was knee deep in it's own feces from the time it could defecate. I honestly am getting to the point that eating any meat that is processed in these huge plants is truly disgusting. Not to mention all the antibiotics and lovely other things they pump into them to make them look more palatable to the consumer. I really need to become a vegetarian :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Nanohedron wrote:Lamb shoulder steaks. Trust me. Barely cook 'em so that they're almost-raw rare with garlic, salt and black pepper. Simplicity reigns with this oh-so-tender delicacy.

And I think mint sauce is an atrocious cliché.
Listen to this guy, people. Those of you that profess to dislike lamb are doing it wrong. Don't overcook. Avoid anything lean - lamb fat is wonderful (leg of lamb is nothing more than cat-food). Buy a whole shoulder weighing at least six and a half pounds and roast it for 30 mins. to the pound. Just season it a bit first and sprinkle chopped rosemary on it if you have it (NOT dried - please!) And I mean Cornish spring lamb, or something local to you, not that imported New Zealand once-frozen rubbish. Know where it comes from. A decent butcher will tell you if the lamb's good at the moment. I happen to know a good butcher - see recent sausage thread. Best end of neck is a good cut too. The best way to enjoy lamb chops is to get the butcher to cut them thin then barbecue them, nothing fancy. As you know, Mr Hedron, I admire your views on all manner of things but you are wrong about mint sauce. Never buy ready-made mint sauce. Grow spearmint (once you've got it, try stopping it!). Chop about 3 tbsp. of the young leaves fairly fine. Add a half teaspoon of sugar, then about 3 tbsp. boiling water then 3 tbsp. malt vinegar, stir and leave to cool. Your kitchen will smell wonderful. Make gravy with a little of the juice and all the scrapings in the roasting tin - do not add Bisto or any other browning or thickening abomination. A bit of flour if you must. Serve with organic spuds, par-boiled in salted water for 10 minutes, drained and roughed up in the pan then roasted in some of the lamb fat that you drained off when there was about an hour to go, and any veg of your choice. Do not tell me that lamb is tasteless or not worth eating until you've tried this.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!