CANADIANS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Tis appalling. What ever happened to the concept of sportsmanship? I Even good old upsmanship was good natured.
Maybe we need more Cricket.
It may also be a byproduct of the over-indulge, over-book generation. Let's see how much crap we can force on our kids to cover for our own percieved failings.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Even our beautiful game of Cricket is not entirely free from these shameful incidents, Flying.

At a Parents vs Teachers match at my Old School last Summer, a father, dismissed by what he perceived as a doubtful LBW decision, was heard to mutter as he left the field "I say, that's a bit thick..."

Naturally he was crossed off everyone's Christmas Card list, and is now believed to have relocated to Surbiton, where such behaviour is more de rigueur.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Flyingcursor
What ever happened to the concept of sportsmanship?
I think it went out with the concept of being ladies and gentleman with manners.

(PS I know that is not PC)
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Flyingcursor wrote:Tis appalling. What ever happened to the concept of sportsmanship?
I'm not sure 'sportsmanship' has ever really existed, especially not in hockey. It's always been a tough, brutal game, and I'm not just talking about the play itself. Watch the Summit Series to see what the "Good Old Days" of hockey looked like.
norseman

Post by norseman »

A friend sent me this picture a couple years ago. Kids can learn this attitude very early it's sad to say. :(

Bob
Failure is NOT an option - it comes bundled with the software.
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

Yikes! :o :(

I'm with I.D.10-t on the "ladies and gentlemen" thing. Tere is a sad and increasing lack of application of the "golden rule" these days.
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

My, my, my, doesn't he belong on the cutie pie thread?

A yob in the making. I really like the logo on his jacket, too.Perhaps he will get lucky and wake up one morning, realize what an a**hole his daddy is and dedicate his life to being exactly the opposite. No, really... it could happen.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Martin Milner wrote:Even our beautiful game of Cricket is not entirely free from these shameful incidents, Flying.

At a Parents vs Teachers match at my Old School last Summer, a father, dismissed by what he perceived as a doubtful LBW decision, was heard to mutter as he left the field "I say, that's a bit thick..."

Naturally he was crossed off everyone's Christmas Card list, and is now believed to have relocated to Surbiton, where such behaviour is more de rigueur.
:o I suspect that the future of the Empire itself is in danger.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Guitar Kat =^..^=

Post by Guitar Kat =^..^= »

It seems like at least every year (how about twice a year or more) that I read things like this coming from Canadians. What is odd is the fact is if any other country did it (ex: US... some of you said it, not me) you would turn the other way and ignore the fact.

It's been going for many years. As many years as I can remember in my 17 years of life on this Earth where people (especially over-enraged parents) control the lives of children to their own satifaction they never had of winning sports, etc.

I find it a very sad case.
~~~~
Kat =^..^=
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Guitar Kat =^..^= wrote:. As many years as I can remember in my 17 years of life on this Earth
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Early days yet.. :lol:

Slan,
D. :lol:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Guitar Kat =^..^=

Post by Guitar Kat =^..^= »

dubhlinn wrote:
Guitar Kat =^..^= wrote:. As many years as I can remember in my 17 years of life on this Earth
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Early days yet.. :lol:

Slan,
D. :lol:
Hey, watch yourself over there!!! :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't make me get someone out of the Pub to get you with their low D whistle... it packs quite the hurt on that thing... :lol: :lol: :boggle: :D
~~~~
Kat =^..^=