how can you tell if you are paranoid?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

glauber wrote:And remember: just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
That's very true.
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

That bear is really offensive. There is nothing funny about being delusional or about having to look after someone who is.

The genuinely funny jokes about paranoia all exploit the fact that even the sanest person can find it hard to tell the difference between real persecution and insecurity about how one is being perceived. That is compatible with having compassion for those who slip into systematically and chronically getting it wrong.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I just sent an email to the Vermont Teddy Bear Company. You can contact them here:

http://store.yahoo.com/vtbear/contact.html#1

Susan
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Look. Forgive me...and no offense to people who started or have participated in this thread, but it just makes me a little uncomfortable. Could we please move on?

Thanks,

Dale
Jack

Post by Jack »

Wombat wrote:That bear is really offensive. There is nothing funny about being delusional or about having to look after someone who is.

The genuinely funny jokes about paranoia all exploit the fact that even the sanest person can find it hard to tell the difference between real persecution and insecurity about how one is being perceived. That is compatible with having compassion for those who slip into systematically and chronically getting it wrong.
I agree that it's offensive. I found it originally here:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ps ... html?nc=18

However, like many people there have said, we who are mentally ill (including me), and we in the mental health community (in which I include msyelf, although I am 'just' a student thus far) have to have a sense of humor.