Rejected Olympic Sports

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

WyoBadger wrote:grizzly bear evasion (pepper spray and non-pepper spray divisions)
oh,oh, and instead of gold, silver and bronze medals, the winners get gold, silver and bronze bear bells!!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

missy wrote:
WyoBadger wrote:grizzly bear evasion (pepper spray and non-pepper spray divisions)
oh,oh, and instead of gold, silver and bronze medals, the winners get gold, silver and bronze bear bells!!!!!
The winners would get gold,silver and a change of underwear!

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

rorybbellows wrote:... and a change of underwear!

:lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

WyoBadger wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
My mom could definitely do that one. What a story! I always wondered if that just-in-the-nick-of-time-with-his-jeep park ranger didn't set the whole thing up just to get a date.
OK, how about National Park Tourist Rescue
I don't suppose there'd be an indoor category, would there.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

This Economist article lists some discontinued Olympic sports.

Apparently, they stopped the Dueling Pistol event in 1912.
And you thought the Beijing pollution was dangerous...
djm

Post by djm »

I guess the two-handed javelin would be interesting to see, especially if the thrower forgot to let go. :o I saw no mention of a javelin catcher event ...

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:... I saw no mention of a javelin catcher event ...

djm
It became one of the more popular events at the Darwin Awardsannual picnic.
djm

Post by djm »

I wasn't sure which thread to add these to:

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they would surely like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'

4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'

6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.