The Musical Confessional: Step Right In

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Once I got past Duffy's physical appearance on SNL last weekend, I noted that she was making pretty interesting music. I downloaded the album, Rockferry, and, about 2/3 of it is really good. "Stepping Stone" is a real throw back to the sort of Lulu/Leslie Gore/Dusty Springfield kind of vibe.
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I'm 51 and:

1. the Rolling Stones I could take or leave.

2. I happen to like the Gilbert O'Sullivan song, Alone Again, Naturally.

3. I think that the early Barry Manilow stuff is some of the best pop music ever recorded.

4. I like Nine Inch Nails too. And Green Day. And Interpol. And I realize they are nothing alike.

5. The part in Les Mis, where Jean Valjean is dying and Fantine sings, "Come with me, where chains can never bind you..." always makes me cry.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

FJohnSharp wrote:I'm 51 and:

1. the Rolling Stones I could take or leave.

2. I happen to like the Gilbert O'Sullivan song, Alone Again, Naturally.

3. I think that the early Barry Manilow stuff is some of the best pop music ever recorded.

4. I like Nine Inch Nails too. And Green Day. And Interpol. And I realize they are nothing alike.

5. The part in Les Mis, where Jean Valjean is dying and Fantine sings, "Come with me, where chains can never bind you..." always makes me cry.
Wow. I can take or leave the Stones, although the single "Gimme Shelter" is necessary for all carbon-based life forms. Early Barry Manilow did indeed have merit. NIN. Green Day I sort of get. And, that moment in Les Mis is unbearably beautiful. I've seen Les Mis four times. Which I probably should enter on one of the gay/straight forums.

We may be the same person. Let me ask you this: Have you ever seen the two of us in one place at the same time?
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I think we shared a seat at Les Mis
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

FJohnSharp wrote:I think we shared a seat at Les Mis
Ooo... racy.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

"Look down! Look down!
Don't look them in the eye!"
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
djm

Post by djm »

FJohnSharp wrote:I think we shared a seat at Les Mis
Well, that explains the puddle.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.