Chatroom.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Whistling Willie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Chatroom.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Hi all,haven't been on here in quite a while due to emmigrating and other various reasons,but I always enjoyed popping in to the Chatroom now and again.The last couple of days I have been in it maybe ten times and there has been nobody there.Have people stopped using it?
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
emmline

Re: Chatroom.

Post by emmline »

(I think so)
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Depends how late at night you go on to chiffy emmline - there are still a few die hards left on it :lol:

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

BigDavy wrote:Depends how late at night you go on to chiffy emmline - there are still a few die hards left on it :lol:

David
I, for one, along with Moonlight, Walden, Kevin Krell, Eldarion, Davy at times and from Oz, weedie pops in now and then and we have occasional appearances by others such as Claudine and Berti and Avanutria as well as periodic cameos by others.

I'm usually there at or a bit before 9 p.m. Pacific time (add 8 hours for GMT) and Eld is often there before me on his days off. I'm usually there until 2 or 3 a.m. or even *yawn* later.

Anyone entering the chatroom should make a post right away as we are often multi-tasking and might be distracted but my taskbar will flash to alert me if you post, though give me a couple of minutes or so to respond. It always saddens me when I see someone has been in chat without notice. :oops:
carrie

Post by carrie »

Any decorating changes since I was there last? Same rug covering up the hole in the floor? Moonlight, any changes to the men's room decor?
/cf
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

carrie wrote:Any decorating changes since I was there last? Same rug covering up the hole in the floor? Moonlight, any changes to the men's room decor?
All is pretty much the same.

The rug petrified so no worries about falling down the hole.

The only major improvement would be if you came in at least once in a while!
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Carol! It's been ages! And yes, men's room now has a big screen TV and I think we've wallpapered the main room since last you were in. Also new chairs ( they just don't last with people jumping on them) and I think the disco ball is new. What fun we have had in there over the years. I do wish more people would come in but I admit I am usually not there myself until after 12 am ( EST) so probably miss seeing a lot of people.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

I've never entered a chatroom. :o

Does one need to wear, um, protection?
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

A-Musing wrote:I've never entered a chatroom. :o

Does one need to wear, um, protection?
Oh, most definitely. Come in, puns a-blazing...
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The urinal cakes are now pizza-scented.
Reasonable person
Walden
Denny

Post by Denny »

I so do not remember getting that memo... :really:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

It would be ever so nice if people came into chat now. There are delightfully charming people in there, currently.
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

(picture me standing alone, scratching my head, clueless, looking around at 360 degrees of virtual emptiness)
"Ehmmm....where's the chatroom?"
I didn't realise we had a chatroom here, does one have to click on the 'livechat' header at the top of this page?
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

If the 'livechat' link is the chatroom, maybe it should be added to the Board index?
Would that place it more in peoples' line of sight and maybe entice more users?
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Alan

Post by Alan »

Live Chat is the link to the chatroom at the top of the forum pages but I just tried it and it is not working for me at the moment. It tends to be erratic and often sluggish when it does work so many of us who chat use IRC chat clients such as mIRC, IceChat or others. Firefox has a Chatzilla plug-in that works pretty well also.

Use irc.perl.org for the server and #chiffy for the channel.