What's your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: What's your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Post by mutepointe »

Back in those days, you could have just left the water running. Problem solved. One of my other favorite episodes is the dolls in the collection barrel. Once you see that one once though, that's that.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

mutepointe wrote:Back in those days, you could have just left the water running. Problem solved. One of my other favorite episodes is the dolls in the collection barrel. Once you see that one once though, that's that.
Wasn't there something kind of weird though, about a lady collecting dolls in a bucket? And a human-proportioned clown doll? Who has that?
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote: And the mean step-dad was Telly Savales. He threw Talking Tina in the trash can in the garage. I don't remember who rescued her, but later she turned up at the top of the stairs in the middle of the night so she could trip Telly and he could fall down the stairs and break his neck. Very clever.
That's right! It was Telly Savales! I had forgotten that. And that part when she was at the top of the stairs was the scariest thing ever, because she kept saying all those scary things. I had nightmares for weeks. I actually just saw that episode again recently. It wasn't nearly as scary as I had remembered, but it did still creep the heck out of me.
yeah. That was one of my favorites too.

There was a Night Gallery episode called, "the Doll" that scared the bejeebies out of me.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Thomaston wrote:My favorite is called (I think) "Where is Everybody?"
That was a good one.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

cowtime wrote:
Charlene wrote:The one where Burgess Meredith loves to read but nobody will leave him alone long enough to enjoy a book. Then the world comes to an end and he's left alone and finds a library and all the books he could possibly want - and he breaks his glasses.
:thumbsup: This one is my favorite too.

That reminds me of , and I'm not sure whether it was Twilight Zone or Night Gallery or what, where Joan Crawford was losing her sight, got surgery to fix it but it would only work for a short period of time, then there was a blackout during the time her vision was restored.

The scariest one(to me) was a Night Gallery that had a spider that kept crawling out of the sink. The person would turn on the tap, the spider would go down the drain, but...crawl back bigger and scarier each time..I think of that still, on the odd occasion. Ewwww
As I recall, Cass Elliot was in the spider episode of Night Gallery. That was a good one.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

emmline wrote:
mutepointe wrote:Back in those days, you could have just left the water running. Problem solved. One of my other favorite episodes is the dolls in the collection barrel. Once you see that one once though, that's that.
Wasn't there something kind of weird though, about a lady collecting dolls in a bucket? And a human-proportioned clown doll? Who has that?
I don't recall that one but I do remember one where a bunch of people are in this huge, deep pit. There's a clown and a ballerina and some other people. They try to get out but can't. At the end you find out they are all dolls in a big plastic donation bucket at Christmas time.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Flyingcursor wrote:
emmline wrote:
I don't recall that one but I do remember one where a bunch of people are in this huge, deep pit. There's a clown and a ballerina and some other people. They try to get out but can't. At the end you find out they are all dolls in a big plastic donation bucket at Christmas time.
Right. Same thing.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

emmline wrote: Right. Same thing.
Glad to hear it.
caedmon

Post by caedmon »

"Night Call" is one that I liked. Just a tad on the fright side, but actually kinda sweet when you realize its the dead husband trying to phone his wife to say hello.

I also liked "The Lonely" and "Elegy". That one creeped me out. Not my kind of immortality, than you very much.
Chad Wilson

Some whistles, an old fiddle, an old banjo, a bass, a guitar and a bodhran
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

izzarina wrote:
cowtime wrote: The scariest one(to me) was a Night Gallery that had a spider that kept crawling out of the sink. The person would turn on the tap, the spider would go down the drain, but...crawl back bigger and scarier each time..I think of that still, on the odd occasion. Ewwww
I do NOT want to see that one.... :boggle:
Uh... Doesn't anybody own a fly-swatter? Or a shoe? Splat! End of story.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

jsluder wrote:
izzarina wrote:
cowtime wrote: The scariest one(to me) was a Night Gallery that had a spider that kept crawling out of the sink. The person would turn on the tap, the spider would go down the drain, but...crawl back bigger and scarier each time..I think of that still, on the odd occasion. Ewwww
I do NOT want to see that one.... :boggle:
Uh... Doesn't anybody own a fly-swatter? Or a shoe? Splat! End of story.
Ok...let me tell you something, Slood. When there is a HUMUNGO spider on your wall, on the floor, or (in this case) in the sink, you should never, ever, never, ever go near it. It could (and most probably WILL) jump on you, fall on you, or in some other spidery way, attack you. I'm telling you, this is true. I know these things.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

blocked.
Last edited by I.D.10-t on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

izzarina wrote:
jsluder wrote:Uh... Doesn't anybody own a fly-swatter? Or a shoe? Splat! End of story.
Ok...let me tell you something, Slood. When there is a HUMUNGO spider on your wall, on the floor, or (in this case) in the sink, you should never, ever, never, ever go near it. It could (and most probably WILL) jump on you, fall on you, or in some other spidery way, attack you. I'm telling you, this is true. I know these things.
So I'd end up with a stain on my shirt when I squish the spider. No big deal. They make pretty good stain removers these days.

If the shoe solution is too brutal for you, just catch the critter in a jar and set it loose in your garden. :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

jsluder wrote: If the shoe solution is too brutal for you, just catch the critter in a jar and set it loose in your garden. :wink:
No, no, no...you don't understand. If you go anywhere near them when they are big and hairy and icky, you'll get attacked and suffer a cruel death. Seriously. I can see it in their beady little eyes when I get about 5 feet away from them. They live to attack me. I'm sure of it. I woke up one night and a really huge one was on me...I totally freaked, but luckily I got it off me before it could attack. Still gives me the heebies when I think about it.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

The one that scared me the most is where the little girl falls into another dimension through a hole in her bedroom wall. That one gave me nightmares. My parents should have not have let me see it. Or "Room for one more, honey"....

Also, the one where all the people are stuck in a round room that they can't get out of and it turns out they are all dolls...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?