ID this snake?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Put it in with your other snake. I'm sure they would both enjoy the company. At least one of them would, anyway.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

gonzo914 wrote:Put it in with your other snake. I'm sure they would both enjoy the company. At least one of them would, anyway.
I love my kingsnake too much. At under a year old, he's about 10 times smaller than this beast.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:Put it in with your other snake. I'm sure they would both enjoy the company. At least one of them would, anyway.
I love my kingsnake too much. At under a year old, he's about 10 times smaller than this beast.
I think that's why he suggested it . . . :)
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
I think that's why he suggested it . . . :)
And that's also why I would never do it. :)
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

Yes, that looks like a corn snake. Pantherophis (ex Elaphe) guttatus.

Here's a pic of my subadult 'Chaco Rattlesnake' male.

Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

Here's some pine snake pics: http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snak ... nejuv1.jpg

Another possibility is the Bull or Gopher snake. I'm still banking on it being some variety of Rat Snake, though.
KatieBell

Post by KatieBell »

Bothrops wrote:Yes, that looks like a corn snake. Pantherophis (ex Elaphe) guttatus.

Here's a pic of my subadult 'Chaco Rattlesnake' male.

Is he paper trained?

Oh! Did you see that rattler video with the talk show host? I'll have to find it.
To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions. -Keen
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Die. Die snake die.
Kill.

Kill it.

Wonder, then, about what kind of dead snake it is. After it is dead. O die snake.

Snakes make me uncomfortable.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dale wrote:Die. Die snake die.
Kill.

Kill it.

Wonder, then, about what kind of dead snake it is. After it is dead. O die snake.

Snakes make me uncomfortable.
I always wonder why snakes make so many people uncomfortable. I wonder if it's not related to primordial memories (or "collective consciousness" in Jung's terms) of the Garden of Eden.

I mean, it's basically just a turtle without a shell or legs who eats rats. I never met a person who's afraid of turtles.
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

I have a friend who is afraid of Alligator Turtles, I think he's crazy!

j/k :D
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Bothrops wrote:I have a friend who is afraid of Alligator Turtles, I think he's crazy!

j/k :D
Them things run wild around here and they can bite your fingers clean off!
Reasonable person
Walden
Jack

Post by Jack »

I found this description of KY snakes. I think it's it...

http://www.kentuckysnakes.org/snake_det ... ard_snakes

It's so beautiful. But I'm going to let it go in the morning.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Cranberry wrote:
I wonder if it's not related to primordial memories (or "collective consciousness" in Jung's terms) of the Garden of Eden.

I mean, it's basically just a turtle without a shell or legs who eats rats. I never met a person who's afraid of turtles.
Nice looking snake.

Eden? Ya... I'm sure that is it.

Oh, and here is a turtle to fear.

Last edited by Aanvil on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

It really is better off in the wild.

As far as turtles go, I had a dog who was scared stiff of box turtles. That's right...ordinary, harmless little box turtles. We used to get them in our yard in North Carolina, and he would totally freak out. It got to where, if he were trying to get into the garbage or something like that, all we'd have to do is say "Cedar, there might be a turtle in there" and he'd never go near it again! :lol:

Fear of snakes, spiders and rodents are among the most common human phobias. My guess is that it's in our genes...some kind of self-preservation code that's never really died out. For myself, I'm not at all bothered by snakes (I find them fascinating) or rodents (I think they're cute!), but spiders make me break out in a cold sweat.

Our mailman in NC was terrified of snakes. We got our mail delivered right to our front door after he discovered the green tree snake who lived in the mail box....

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Redwolf wrote:It really is better off in the wild.

As far as turtles go, I had a dog who was scared stiff of box turtles. That's right...ordinary, harmless little box turtles. We used to get them in our yard in North Carolina, and he would totally freak out. It got to where, if he were trying to get into the garbage or something like that, all we'd have to do is say "Cedar, there might be a turtle in there" and he'd never go near it again! :lol:

Fear of snakes, spiders and rodents are among the most common human phobias. My guess is that it's in our genes...some kind of self-preservation code that's never really died out. For myself, I'm not at all bothered by snakes (I find them fascinating) or rodents (I think they're cute!), but spiders make me break out in a cold sweat.

Our mailman in NC was terrified of snakes. We got our mail delivered right to our front door after he discovered the green tree snake who lived in the mail box....

Redwolf
I used to know a pit bull who was TERRIFIED of rats. When I introduced my hairless rat to him, he whimpered and ran away, to try to hide under the couch. Every time you brought the little rat near him, he became extremely anxious and cried. It's so strange. The dog was literally a hundred or more times as large as the rat.