What is an MP3 player?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

:boggle:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:
awildman wrote:They have the ability and knowledge to use a computer, but don't pay attention when they walk through the electronics section of their Walmart or Target or Fred Meyers?

That is correct. If I have to walk through that section, I do not pay attention to anything there. I am not interested.
Why, I could have written the same reply, Cynth. Though I did go there to buy some batteries, once, and wound up getting a cheap radio-cum-tape/CDplayer.

Now, if they had a musical instruments section, I'd be mighty interested, but being Walmart or Target, my education would be swift, I'm sure.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

awildman wrote:......Too many things just don't add up.
You may need an accountant for all your presumptions.
My maths is pretty basic so I like to keep my presumptions manageable.
:D
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

My previous post notwithstanding, I too found the initial post among the class of Things That Make You Go 'Hmmmm...'.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Where could I buy an MP3 player that melts if you hold it for more than a minute? Has anyone seen any advertisements for bamboo MP3 players written in Cantonese?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

talasiga wrote:Where could I buy an MP3 player that melts if you hold it for more than a minute? Has anyone seen any advertisements for bamboo MP3 players written in Cantonese?
This is silly. And rather culture-insensitive on the face of it, too. Bamboo... :really:

I knew a Cantonese who knew full well what an MP3 was before I ever did.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Nanohedron wrote:
talasiga wrote:Where could I buy an MP3 player that melts if you hold it for more than a minute? Has anyone seen any advertisements for bamboo MP3 players written in Cantonese?
This is silly. And rather culture-insensitive on the face of it, too. Bamboo... :really:

I knew a Cantonese who knew full well what an MP3 was before I ever did.
I never said nor implied that a Cantonese speaker doesn't know what an MP3 player is.

All I asked is whether anyone had seen any Cantonese advertisements about bamboo MP3s.

A quick way to find out if these things are available commercially is to post a topic about it and watch the commercial section of your screen. Right now I am getting so many Australian ads about MP3.
Last edited by talasiga on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

talasiga wrote:I never said nor implied that a Cantonese speaker doesn't know what an MP3 player is.

All I asked is whether anyone had seen any Cantonese advertisements about bamboo MP3s.
I'm not convinced. But, whatever.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

NOt convinced? Yeah thats a good one.
Hey lets discuss UNCONVINCING MP3 PLAYERS.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

Regarding bamboo .mp3 players, witness the iLog:

http://www.mee.tcd.ie/~bruckerj/blog/images/ilog.jpg
awildman

Post by awildman »

talasiga wrote: You may need an accountant for all your presumptions.
My maths is pretty basic so I like to keep my presumptions manageable.
:D
I've got a strong opinion of this situation based on facts and logical deductions thereof. Please let me know which of my so-called presumptions are incorrect.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

awildman wrote:Cynth, if somebody walking through an electronics section is not interested, fine. But why, then, would somebody post on the internet asking what one is. Why have interest in computers, but not look around at the store to see what you can do with it? Disinterested is disinterested, on the internet or in the store.....
Well, I don't think I can argue with your very thorough answer. I hope I am not misinterpreting what you said but I think you are basically saying that there would be much easier and more direct ways of finding out more about mp3 players, if one were interested, than posting a question here and that most people would pursue those more direct ways. I would agree with that, if that is what you mean. If I were interested, I would know how to find out more in a more direct way than asking a bunch of people like us who can't stay on topic (no criticism anyone, I like threads that go off) more than a minute :lol:. Whether the person is pulling our legs or not, I don't know. It seems like an odd question to be a troll with. Usually they say something more controversial, don't they? But maybe wayne1 is studying human psychology or something.

OH! OH! Mercy! I believe I've got it!!!! wayne1 is Dale!!!!!! :boggle: :o :boggle: :o
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

controversial? like "what's the best whistle?"
Cynth wrote: OH! OH! Mercy! I believe I've got it!!!! wayne1 is Dale!!!!!!

he was bored, wasn't he... :twisted:
Jack

Post by Jack »

amar wrote::boggle:
Oh, look what you brought on!
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Cynth wrote:OH! OH! Mercy! I believe I've got it!!!! wayne1 is Dale!!!!!! :boggle: :o :boggle: :o
Who's this "wayne1" to whom you refer?

Those who don't bother with electronics depts,
make your own MP3 player in an Altoids tin!
http://web.media.mit.edu/~ladyada/make/minty/index.html