Any musician gig/expense software?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Any musician gig/expense software?

Post by The Weekenders »

I know that many businesses use Quicken and QuickBooks but they sound rather elaborate for what I want, which is a simple piece of software to chronicle gigs-income, and jot down expenses and mileage...

Anybody know of a small-time share or freeware option or do I go for the whole megilla with Quick Books? I don't just love learning whole new programs because they are so damn cool, in case you hadn't noticed (I spend 8 hours a day on the computer as it is)....

Comments welcome.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
eskin

Post by eskin »

I keep track of everything in an Excel spreadsheet, but my requirements are pretty basic.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Weeks, have a look at this excel file. You can have some useful hints. I have everything well under control.

:lol:
Good weekend all
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

eskin wrote:I keep track of everything in an Excel spreadsheet, but my requirements are pretty basic.
That would be my reccomendation as well.
Excel is easy to learn and you can program functions to do damn near anything you want to.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

Sounds like Excel or a similar spreadsheet can do all you need.

Open Office is freeware that includes a spreadsheet module that can save files in Excel format. Open Office is about 26 megabytes to download.

I believe Google also has something where a person can do spreadsheets and save the data files online. I would be hesitant to use that for sensitive financial information.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Thanks so far. I do happen to have Excel here at work even though it's kind of mysterious and Microsofty. So it's definitely an option... I was wondering if some kind of Mac-y musician had come up with a groovy interface.

Thanks to Syl, too. That is an entertaining adaptation of the file...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
missy

Post by missy »

another excel user here........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com