A question for Californians

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

A question for Californians

Post by Redwolf »

Do any of my fellow Californians know what to do if you've lost your registration renewal notice from the DMV? I had the car smogged last week, and was going to send off the registration renewal form and fee on Monday, but the form has gone missing. I visited the DMV website, but it doesn't have any information for this situation.

I've got until May 22 to renew the car's registration, but I have no idea how to do it without the appropriate form.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

If you got it smogged; didn't the test site electronically send the forum in???
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

fel bautista wrote:If you got it smogged; didn't the test site electronically send the forum in???
The smog certificate, yes...but not the registration form you send in with your payment (the one that already has things like your vehicle's make, model, year, classification, VIN etc. on it...as well as the amount you owe and the address to which you need to send payment). That's what I'm missing.

Redwolf
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Lucky for you, I did the same thing earlier this year. I called the DMV on the phone and they sent me another one. Right quick-like, too.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

TonyHiggins wrote:Lucky for you, I did the same thing earlier this year. I called the DMV on the phone and they sent me another one. Right quick-like, too.
Tony
Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Redwolf
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

If you're an Auto Club member, you can just go into one of their offices and take care of it.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

kkrell wrote:If you're an Auto Club member, you can just go into one of their offices and take care of it.

Kevin Krell
Without the form? How would they accomplish that? Do they have access to DMV records?

The bummer is, if I had the form, I could do it on-line, which is a lot easier (and saves gas!). I still can't believe I lost it...it's been in the same place since I got it. I only removed it to detach the portion I had to give to the smog station, and then put it right back. I'm assuming it somehow got wedged between other things and tossed out in the recycling bin.

I am a AAA member, but I don't know if they have an actual office here in Santa Cruz County. I could check easily enough, though.

Redwolf
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

I believe Kevin is correct. I've done most of my DMV paperwork through AAA.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, people forget to use AAA service. Computer link with DMV right there in the office. If the office is convenient for you to get to.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

The best time to call the DMV to avoid waiting on the phone is right at the dot of 8:00 A.M. when they open their phone lines.
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Turns out the closest AAA office to me is in Capitola...not far from the DMV, actually...so there'd be no advantage in going there. Bummer!

I'll just call the DMV on Tuesday (their website says that Monday is their busiest day, and suggests calling on Tuesday) and request another form.

Redwolf
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Ah, but the AAA is less waiting, more efficient, and instant gratification. They'll give you the sticker right there. If you have a previous year's registration form (the one you're supposed to carry in your car), it should be especially easy, as that has the VIN# on it.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

kkrell wrote:Ah, but the AAA is less waiting, more efficient, and instant gratification. They'll give you the sticker right there. If you have a previous year's registration form (the one you're supposed to carry in your car), it should be especially easy, as that has the VIN# on it.

Kevin Krell
It's just a total pain in the arse to drive to Capitola right now, with all the work they're doing on Highway 1. If it were down in Santa Cruz, it'd be a different story (and may still be if I have trouble getting through to the DMV).

Redwolf