My first job in 30 years!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

izzarina wrote:...my hat is off to anyone who gets through it...
(Quick! She's got the tin foil hat off! Say something scary!)
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

How awesome! Congratulations, Paul... I wish you every bit of happiness in your new endeavor!!
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

Good job Paul.

I do have some reminders. I'm married to an RN with 35 yrs on one job or another. I think that part of the job description includes periodic observations that nurses are under-paid and under-appreciated. You should also note that if anything ever goes amiss in the OR, the default explanation from most medical institutions is "Human Error-Nurse".

The other area that may be new to you is the popular culture's understanding of the loose sexual mores of all nurses. Of course as a male nurse yoiu must be gay

Reading this it seems serious. I didn't mean it to be. Nurses are usually the people who provide the humanity in our health care "system". As my wife has accurately taught me, when patients and families need to know what's going on, skip the doc and talk to the nurse. That said, it's a profession about which our culture has some very odd ideas and endless opportunities for all sorts of humor.

Go for it and have fun.

mark
khl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Congratulations. Sounds like a perfect fit.

So will this leave less time or more time for whistle-making?
Keith
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

khl wrote:Congratulations. Sounds like a perfect fit.

So will this leave less time or more time for whistle-making?
More! No more night school. Plus, I'll have to be on call on rotating weekends. This means I have to stay within a half hr of the hospital: enforced time at home and in the shop!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!