myspace

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

myspace

Post by pipersgrip »

i have beenhearing all about this website myspace. all my friends said i should try it, so i just made my own profile tonight. is there anybody on here that has a profile on there? i think it could be a good way to get to know eachother better. what do you think of it?
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Henke

Post by Henke »

I have one. And I stole the URL you all wanted :twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/feadog
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I have to say MySpace bugs me to no end, from a recordings standpoint. So far I only have checked it out when someone is raving over the music posted on a site, and the format doesn't work for me. Instead of a download as I know them, it's always a choppy "eh.-eeh.-ah.-oo.-ee.-oo.-eh.-ah.-ih.", and replaying doesn't change that. Sometimes it freezes up altogether.

What's up with that? :x
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
thistledown
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by thistledown »

chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Nanohedron wrote: What's up with that? :x
It's a very poorly constructed site and breaks all the time.

Having said that I use myspace a lot for listening to new and local bands that are playing gigs I'm thinking of going to and it's excellent. Many of the local promoters here post the details of gigs online with links to each band's myspace site, meaning I can quickly have a listen to each band and decide if I want to spend my money going to see them.

On the downside every time I log in to the site I have a load of bulletins from the same people either telling me about their new haircut or posting the same announcement 5 times about whatever their annoying band are doing that day.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

chrisoff wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: What's up with that? :x
It's a very poorly constructed site and breaks all the time.

Having said that I use myspace a lot for listening to new and local bands that are playing gigs I'm thinking of going to and it's excellent. Many of the local promoters here post the details of gigs online with links to each band's myspace site, meaning I can quickly have a listen to each band and decide if I want to spend my money going to see them.

On the downside every time I log in to the site I have a load of bulletins from the same people either telling me about their new haircut or posting the same announcement 5 times about whatever their annoying band are doing that day.
What about how the clips load for me? Is it the fact that I'm on dialup yet, or would it be something else?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

you are a talented dude...

you can be annoying, even on dialup,
if you put your mind to it. :wink:
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Nanohedron wrote: What about how the clips load for me? Is it the fact that I'm on dialup yet, or would it be something else?
Dialup probably doesn't help, but the main reason is that myspace is a poor site that breaks all the time. I'm on a 6 meg broadband connection at home and on the UK academic JANET network at work (ridiculously fast) yet the songs still fail to play sometimes or I get stop start buffering all the way through.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Denny wrote:you are a talented dude...

Yes, but he cannot annoy quite so many people quite so fast. His PAF (Personal Annoyance Factor) may be the same, but his weighted PAF, adjusted for breadth and depth of annoyance as distributed over time, is less than it could be. That's why he needs 12,000 posts. Those of us with faster connections can be just as annoying and can do it with far fewer posts.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Denny

Post by Denny »

gonzo914 wrote:

Yes, but he cannot annoy quite so many people quite so fast. His PAF (Personal Annoyance Factor) may be the same, but his weighted PAF, adjusted for breadth and depth of annoyance as distributed over time, is less than it could be. That's why he needs 12,000 posts. Those of us with faster connections can be just as annoying and can do it with far fewer posts.
aww Gonzo...

thanks!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:

aww Gonzo...

thanks!
I would be that little raspberry seed in your cavity at any speed. Believe it.
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

gonzo914 wrote:

Gonzo, what we want are your insights re. how to monetise one's PAF. We all know that you must already have a revenue stream in place...
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:Yes, but he cannot annoy quite so many people quite so fast. His PAF (Personal Annoyance Factor) may be the same, but his weighted PAF, adjusted for breadth and depth of annoyance as distributed over time, is less than it could be. That's why he needs 12,000 posts. Those of us with faster connections can be just as annoying and can do it with far fewer posts.
Piffle. I don't need 12,000 posts. They are my gift to you all, and I'm happy to be able to be so generous. You should be thanking me. Abjectly, preferably.
djm

Post by djm »

Golly, I am so far away from being annoying to anyone that I'm not even sure how to commiserate with you. I'm sure my PAF must be a negative number. Instead of thanking you abjectly, couldn't I just send money? Please? :blink-blink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I'm not annoying, either. :party:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up