What is your favourite confectionery?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What is your favourite confectionery?

Chocolate (any kind)
75%
Gummi Bears/Jelly Babies
3%
Licquorice Allsorts
No votes
Lemon Drops/Acid Drops
5%
Brandy Balls/Cinnamon Balls
3%
Mints (any kind)
No votes
Fruit Drops/Barley Sugar
No votes
Wine Gums/Fruit Gums
3%
Fudge/Bharfies/Toffee
10%
Other (Parma Violets or other weird stuff)
3%

Total votes: 40

Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Congratulations wrote: Cadbury Eggs.
Creme or Mini?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Martin Milner wrote:
Congratulations wrote: Cadbury Eggs.
Creme or Mini?
The Creme eggs are the only ones worth mentioning. These with the caramel and chocolate centers, and the minis, just don't do it for me. Give me the good old pure-sugar center, complete with egg-white and yellow-food-coloring yolk. Oh man oh man oh man.

I normally stock up around Easter (the only time you can get the things, here) and freeze them, rationing them over the year. This year, though, I'm sort of on a diet... :cry:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

gonzo914 wrote:Pez
Oh man I LOVE Pez. I used to have all of the Star Wars Pez dispensers, because I'm just that cool.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Here's some information and observations on Wine Gums:

The Facts

The Manufacturer

The Aficionados

Other Gums
Those sound fantastic. Too bad I'm a vegetarian.
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

thistledown wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Here's some information and observations on Wine Gums:

The Facts

The Manufacturer

The Aficionados

Other Gums
Those sound fantastic. Too bad I'm a vegetarian.
A gelatin candy you might be able to enjoy is konnyaku, depending on where you live. I used to get it all the time, and really became addicted to the quince flavor. The gelatin is plant derived and not animal derived.

Unfortunately, it is now banned in the US. Unlike gelatin, it doesn't dissolve in the mouth, but stays gelatinous, and caused a few deaths from choking.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Caramel and Toffee and all that kind of stuff for me, thank you.
Especially Sticky Toffee Pudding. ahhh...

Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

buddhu wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Does maple-cured bacon count?
No
What about chocolate-covered bacon? Seriously. I'm thinking a really strong dark chocolate, like the Castelain Extreme 85% Dark, would go really nicely.

I'm going to try this.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but these I like.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Now, THAT's my kind of website -- mylifeisbeer.com. I suspect the chocolate stout has some caramel malt in it, too.

I just bottled my Christmas beer, first in several years. Has all sorts of spices in it, plus plenty of honey. Next is a raspberry wheat, possibly followed by a ginger wheat, this one with a little honey. They're all my kind of confections.

And don't they have deep-fried Mars Bars or something in the UK? If they're fried, I'd probably eat them.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Gonzo's right on the money with the chocolate-covered ginger Altoids! Gosh, they're good! Mmmmm! Plain ginger are excellent, as are licorice.

I'm very upset with Target. They quit carrying the plain ginger ones and they're always OUT of the chocolate-covered ones. I haven't seen licorice ones in weeks! Lots of chocolate-covered mint ones, but who wants that? :evil:

I know it's not that they don't sell! I, personally, buy them by the case.

I adore Jelly Bellies, especially the toasted marshmallow ones, so I had to stop buying them.

Other than that, toffee and caramel. Candied ginger.

Also . . . Peeps. :D
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm

Post by djm »

<A HREF="http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/">Peeps?</A> What's Peeps, precious? :boggle:

Get chocolate-covered ginger Altoids <A HREF="http://www.candydirect.com/mints/Altoid ... on-line</A>. Never again be the victim of big box stores!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote: I adore Jelly Bellies, especially the toasted marshmallow ones, so I had to stop buying them.
There is lovely little Ben Franklin store in Bowling Green, Ohio, that has a candy counter straight out of the 1950s. You can still get more bulk candy corn than is good for you for a pittance. But they did have modern candies, too, and my favorite treat was a bag of toasted marshmallow Jelly Bellies -- just toasted marshmallow ones. I had to stop buying them, too, just as I will probably eventually have to stop buying Ginger and Chocolate-Ginger Altoids. I am hugely orally compulsive with minimal impulse control, so I tend to eat the entire contents of the can in an evening as a substitute for smoking, which is my real favorite oral compulsion. No, make that second favorite.
djm wrote:Get chocolate-covered ginger Altoids <A HREF="http://www.candydirect.com/mints/Altoid ... on-line</A>. Never again be the victim of big box stores!
There is something fundamentally wrong with buying candy on-line. Candy is an impulse purchase; buying a case of 12 requires just too much planning, and the wait would be agonizing. There is also a safety issue to consider. Many people, if they have 12 boxes of Ginger Altoids, will eat 12 boxes of Ginger Altoids. For dinner. Possession of large quantities of Ginger Altoids is a misdemeanor in some states.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
djm

Post by djm »

I well understand your compulsion, being now smoke-free since last March and still getting the urge every day. I also have put on a hundred pounds since then. I am now eating unflavoured puffed wheat. I go through bags and bags of it. It has no taste and no substance, but I can cram it into my face ceaselessly, which seems to be the point, somehow. :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

chas wrote: And don't they have deep-fried Mars Bars or something in the UK? If they're fried, I'd probably eat them.
Invented in my hometown of Stonehaven, just a few miles from here. They're nicer than you may think, although nowhere near as popular as popular conception makes out. Also what we call a Mars Bar I don't think is the same as what other countries call it.

At this time of year some chip shops have been known to deep fry easter eggs.

I love chocolate. But not in a dessert way, just in confectionary. Anything with chocolate and hazlenuts gets me every time. Ferrero Rocher are particuarly good.

Snickers are pretty good as well. But only the UK ones. Didn't like any chocolate when I was in america, it was all a bit bitter for my tastes.