Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

The Weekenders wrote:
Denny wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Yeah, at this age, hip, knee, hip is right. Thanks to ye!
If you can still get on the horse by yourse'f... :D
Ya see, you find yerself a five-gallon bucket, or better yet find a flatbed trailer to stand on, then up ya go.... A lot of people do it, but don't tell 'em I told ya.
comes with a step :D

The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

I do appreciate the comments above.

Like all of you, I have my share of friends and acquaintances in "real" life. But I have to say that only here am I a mouseclick away from poets, musicians, theologists, philosophers, scientists, domestic goddesses, real country-folk and scotch whisky collectors, spanning the globe. And that's just a few mentioned.

You are a lovable bunch. Thank you.
:D

PS. Look at that smart guy above! Yeah, horsepower with the glide of wheels! Man, is that a disc brake on the back????
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

The first time I had opportunity to meet The Weekenders, here on the net, I remember he had some nasty oversized political dogs yapping at him and nipping his heels. I had wandered over from the Uilleann pipe forum, and kind of butted in, thinking he needed some help defending himself, but over time I realized he didn't need any help at all. :lol:

Of course I had to camouflage my own personal political neutrality, but it was fun while it lasted. Hey, just think, we don't have to discuss politics anymore, Weeks, at least hopefully. :D
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

yeehaaaw dude. :)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: 7000

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:I didn't even notice. Yikes. Happy New Year and stuff to me...And to think it was probably related to the concept of "It's Always (About) You.."
Congratulations, Weekenders. I enjoy your posts. I don't agree with you on everything. I don't agree with anyone on everything. I do always like to hear your two bits on sundry subjects. I think of you as one of the good guys on the forum... and certainly an interesting one.
Reasonable person
Walden
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: 7000

Post by amar »

Walden wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:I didn't even notice. Yikes. Happy New Year and stuff to me...And to think it was probably related to the concept of "It's Always (About) You.."
Congratulations, Weekenders. I enjoy your posts. I don't agree with you on everything. I don't agree with anyone on everything. I do always like to hear your two bits on sundry subjects. I think of you as one of the good guys on the forum... and certainly an interesting one.
so you're calling me a bad guy, eh? eh?
fiddleronvermouth

Post by fiddleronvermouth »

Lorenzo wrote:The first time I had opportunity to meet The Weekenders, here on the net, I remember he had some nasty oversized political dogs yapping at him and nipping his heels. I had wandered over from the Uilleann pipe forum, and kind of butted in, thinking he needed some help defending himself, but over time I realized he didn't need any help at all. :lol:

Of course I had to camouflage my own personal political neutrality, but it was fun while it lasted. Hey, just think, we don't have to discuss politics anymore, Weeks, at least hopefully. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man... this post is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, Larry. Now I have to wipe the coffee off my screen.
"Is that stupid? Maybe. But that's the way I am."

~Bill O'Reilly, The O'Reilly Factor for Kids
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

fiddleronvermouth wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man... this post is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, Larry. Now I have to wipe the coffee off my screen.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
djm

Post by djm »

Gee, dubh, that's a rather conservative point of view. :twisted:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Nothin' to see here. Nope....just happy chiffsters, gettin' along and not gettin' locked....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
fiddleronvermouth

Post by fiddleronvermouth »

dubhlinn wrote:
fiddleronvermouth wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man... this post is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, Larry. Now I have to wipe the coffee off my screen.

Slan,
D. :wink:
Uh.. dub... you're targeting the wrong post here. My post didn't mention politics... Larry's did. It's ok... you're forgiven.
"Is that stupid? Maybe. But that's the way I am."

~Bill O'Reilly, The O'Reilly Factor for Kids
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Congrats Weeks! What color smoking jacket did you get with 7000? :party:
Weeks wrote:And to think it was probably related to the concept of "It's Always (About) You.."
I actually miss that siggy.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

izzarina wrote:Congrats Weeks! What color smoking jacket did you get with 7000? :party:
Weeks wrote:And to think it was probably related to the concept of "It's Always (About) You.."
I actually miss that siggy.
My favorite was, "In a bunch, in a bunch." Never could figure that one out, but it was somehow cool in a Dada sort of way to me.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

Nano wrote:"In a bunch, in a bunch. Never could figure that one out"
From the Dennis Moore sketch, when he is robbing the Lupin Express.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:
Nano wrote:"In a bunch, in a bunch. Never could figure that one out"
From the Dennis Moore sketch, when he is robbing the Lupin Express.

djm
Thank you!

But as ever, I remain clueless. I could point out Michael Douglas if I saw him, and that's just about it. If you open the dictionary and look up "myopic", there will be my picture, accompanying the entry.

...Okay, I Googled that, too. That's two celebrity Googles in one day. "Lupin" must be the over-the-pond spelling; I'm used to seeing an "E" tacked onto the end. I'm tired, now.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician