Just Hello - a post by Daniel Fernandez

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Just Hello - a post by Daniel Fernandez

Post by dfernandez77 »

I miss this place. I popped in to make some goofy comments last week - but that's about all. Here's what's going on and why I've gone missing for a bit.

1. I moved over the weekend of the second and third of September. I've been using most of my spare time unpacking - and I think I'm 75% done. Moving is a pain!

2. I have been using my remaining spare time to walk. I'm training for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. Next weekend I walk 39 miles in two day walk to raise money for breast cancer research and to aid in the treatment of breast cancer. I raised more than US$1,800 in a very large part - thanks to the C&F community.

3. I've had a blizzard of oddities at work that have kept me busy. I manage technical crap for Mitsubishi Electric America's corporate offices all over the Western Hemisphere, so when things go wrong I'm on-call 24x7.

So kisses, hugs, and manly handshakes to you all. I'll have more time after this next weekend to foolishly participate (as I usually do) in the conversations again.

Miss you all,
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Good to see you! Moving does thoroughly suck, doesn't it. Stop back in when you can; your posts are appreciated.
:wink:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Hi, Daniel Fernandez!
Reasonable person
Walden
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Hello Yourself!

Some people never manage the last few boxes. I still have boxes unopened since the last move.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
missy

Post by missy »

my godmother moved so many times, she had "permanent" boxes that she never unpacked. I even missed visiting 2 of the houses she lived in, because she moved again so quickly.

But - "hi" - and hope things slow to a normal pace soon.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Hello Yourself!

Some people never manage the last few boxes. I still have boxes unopened since the last move.
Me too. And our last move was 20 years ago.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

SteveShaw wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Hello Yourself!

Me too. And our last move was 20 years ago.
Good luck on the box thing, Daniel!

We have boxes we haven't opened in years, too, but I think Steve here is the champ!
Yesterday I was thinking: From now on, every trash pick-up day, I'm just going to set one of those boxes out ~ that'll get rid of them!
I have no idea what is in the boxes any more, so how would I miss anything?!?!?!? :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I don't have any boxes unopened since my last move, but years ago I decided that, since I was single and in total control of my living space, I would live out of cardboard boxes. I have them lined up along the walls of my bedroom and living room. I much prefer boxes with pictures of fruit and vegetables on the sides. In my bedroom I have a box for underwear, a box for socks, a box for sheets, a hat box, etc.; you get the idea. I joked with my co-workers that, if I ever wanted to move, I was already packed. That always got a few laughs and looks of disbelief. Now, it is the real thing, and I am ready to move in a few days. The good news, bad news is this: I am already mostly packed, but I am having a hard time finding just the right kind of boxes for the rest of my move. You know, I am talking about the kind of boxes that I would be comfortable living with.
Last edited by Doug_Tipple on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Hello!

I sympathize on the box thing. The house we found in Conway is really too small--we can't open all our boxes.

We joke about the "herds of roaming boxen." :lol:

Good to see you back on the boards!

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

peeplj wrote:..."herds of roaming boxen." :lol:
LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know that feeling...we made a corral out of a spare bedroom for our herd. :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I don't have any boxes unopened since my last move, but years ago I decided that, since I was single and in total control of my living space, I would live out of cardboard boxes. I have them lined up along the walls of my bedroom and living room. I much prefer boxes with pictures of fruit and vegetables on the sides. In my bedroom I have a box for underwear, a box for socks, a box for sheets, a hat box, etc.; you get the idea. I joked with my co-workers that, if I ever wanted to move, I was already packed. That always got a few laughs and looks of disbelief. Now, it is the real thing, and I am ready to move in a few days. The good news, bad news is this: I am already mostly packed, but I am having a hard time finding just the right kind of boxes for the rest of my move. You know, I am talking about the kind of boxes that I would be comfortable living with.
The story of a single man, no question.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I remember reading somewhere that only the death of your spouse is rated more stressful than moving house.

I've lived here for nearly sixteen years now and cannot even imagine the amount of hassle and stress a move would involve.

Keep the always witty and charming posts coming once you get sorted out.

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Hola, mi amigo abajeño...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Thanks for the kind salutations.

I'm several boxes along, and have a few more things hung on the wall.

I dreamed up a way to deal with all my whistles. I like the idea, but don't know if it may be damaging to the whistles in the long term. I think I'll post a pic and get some feedback from the peanut gallery this evening.

I also have this idea kicking around in my head of a whistle roll that doubles as a wall hanging whistle "soft rack." I like the idea, and it sounds good too (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?). I'll probably run it up Annie's flagpole to see what she thinks.

I've also discovered that there are no fancy "walking shoes" that work as well as my Asolo Power Matic 400 Gore-Tex Hiking Boots (with proper socks). The three fancy running or walking shoes I tried all gave me blisters on walks over 6 miles. But the Asolo boots keep on ticking 'til I'm licked - with nary a blister or hot-spot. I just hate to wear the boot soles out on a city walk.

Peace y'all,
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.