Regional Gatherings of C&F People

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Regional Gatherings of C&F People

Post by Dale »

If I may be allowed an entirely personal remark: Whenever I read here about regional gatherings of C&F people, Northeastern, Oklahoman, Whereveren--my heart is truly warmed. It makes me happy.

One day we'll have one in the Deep South of the USA and I'll come and not play the whistle. I have a reputation as a bad whistle player to maintain.

Fondly,

Dale
emmline
antispam: No

Re: Regional Gatherings of C&F People

Post by emmline »

Dale wrote:--my heart is truly warmed. It makes me happy.
No twinge of envy?
ok, ok...my heart is warmed too. Warmth and twinges are not mutually exclusive.
missy

Post by missy »

on a dulcimer website I frequent, we have a member who drives charter buses. We've often dreamed of having CD drive around the country, picking us up, dropping us off, and just having kinda a "Greatful Dead" dulcimer tour.
We could do it for whistles, too!!! :D

Get on the Magic Bus!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

missy wrote:on a dulcimer website I frequent, we have a member who drives charter buses. We've often dreamed of having CD drive around the country, picking us up, dropping us off, and just having kinda a "Greatful Dead" dulcimer tour.
We could do it for whistles, too!!! :D

Get on the Magic Bus!
I'll bet it wouldn't take too much to get these people to offer the tour.
http://www.greentortoise.com/index.html
I see they offer "Burning Man".
Jack

Post by Jack »

My heart is warmed as well. I wish I could go to every one of them.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: Regional Gatherings of C&F People

Post by Walden »

Dale wrote: One day we'll have one in the Deep South of the USA and I'll come and not play the whistle.
Peeplj and I were discussing the possibility of having one in Arkansas. Reckon you could make it to that one?
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Enjoy the feeling, Dale.

We have had great times at our Chiffy parties out here in Calaforny. It's getting to be time for another.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Come to the Pipers' Gathering, Dale. We're featuring a whistle workshop this year!
Cheers,
Mark

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

We have irregular Chiffy meetings in London with friends made through the board.

The C&F world of Frienditude has definitely enriched the happiness quotient here.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

It would be cool, if everyone associated with this forum could all get together for a week of fun, frivolity and tuneage somewhere. Maybe rent an island in the Carribean (not during hurricane season of course), or rent out an entire hotel in, say, St. Thomas. :)
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

I'd say let's do a Utah one...but the only people that would show up would be Susan, Brian Lee and myself... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Just let's not choose Minneapolis. Too many bodhr...I mean zombies.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Tyler Morris wrote:I'd say let's do a Utah one...but the only people that would show up would be Susan, Brian Lee and myself... :P
There's also Sunnywindo and Ceesi in the area, and folks from Wyoming and Colorado have been known to show up...I doubt I'd manage to come along this time though!
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

avanutria wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:I'd say let's do a Utah one...but the only people that would show up would be Susan, Brian Lee and myself... :P
There's also Sunnywindo and Ceesi in the area, and folks from Wyoming and Colorado have been known to show up...I doubt I'd manage to come along this time though!
Oh that's right, I forgot about them. I usually don't see them much around the boards (but lately I've relegated meself to the pub/rubber room).

Well, gee, maybe we ought to get one together then. We could meet at the Republic pub for a session one of these Monday nights.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Maybe rent an island in the Carribean ... or rent out an entire hotel in, say, St. Thomas. :)
Or a cruise. Yeah, a cruise would be nice. 24 hour food, drink, and craic. And best of all, no escape! :D
Cheers,
Mark

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes