C&F stock soars on webcast mention!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
carrie

C&F stock soars on webcast mention!

Post by carrie »

The tickers have still not settled down since the mention of Chiff & Fipple earlier today on kcsb's (91.9 FM, UC Santa Barbara) Roadtunes Sessions by host Andrew Doerr, marking the steepest spike in stock prices since the controversial but ultimately sound decision to open a separate forum for political debate that had the media buzzing for months.

Which is my way of saying a big thank to Andrew (Portland here on the board) for playing my song, The Blackest Dirt --in commemoration of the 100th anniversary (June 1st) of the pogrom in Bialystok--on his most excellent show, which included music by Joanie Madden, Solas, Tim O'Brien, Kevin Crawford, Alison Krauss, and some very talented singer songwriters from Andrew's neck of the woods; and which was kicked off by dubh's hero, Bob Dylan, singing Masters of War. Andrew discussed the background of my song with great sensitivity and tied it to the immigrant issues so much in the news today, pointing out that immigrants are also emigrants, often forced to leave their homelands because of harsh conditions and even atrocities. And yes, he mentioned that he came to know about the song through correspondence he and I had on Chiff & Fipple, and it was that casual mention that sent Wall Street into its frenzy.

Seriously, heartfelt thanks, Andrew. I thoroughly enjoyed your show and urge fellow C&F'ers to tune in on Tuesdays 10-12 PST, www.kcsb.org for the webcast, or if you're in the area, 91.9 FM.

Thank you very much!!

Carol
Last edited by carrie on Tue May 30, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Congratulations Carol,

I look forward to hearing it a bit later on this evening.

Slan,
D. :party:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Well that is fantastic news. Just as well I hung onto my C&F shares and chose instead to sell off some of my stock in Doodling_Didgeridudes.com in that liquidity crisis earlier this week.
peteinmn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peteinmn »

My congratulations as well Carol! It's a very good song and I'm glad it got some recognition.

:)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

BRAVO! That is indeed great news and I can't find a stock trader darn! And the fact that it just wasn't the song that was played but the story behind it as well.

Congratulations!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
djm

Post by djm »

Of course, an album is now required. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jeferson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

Sometimes, the thoughtful actions of a few can touch the hearts of many. Thanks.

Jef
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Well Done Carol!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Congratulations, Carol, on this very well-deserved honor for your beautiful and moving song. I've got the 'cast bookmarked, ready to go later tonight ( EST here, but I'm a night owl).

As for the C&F stock, well, it's fabulous news, but too late for me; I went long in hog manure options on the strength of the pigs**t-to-fuel news story. I'd gladly have dumped them for C&F had I known. But now the only thing that's high in my portfolio is the smell. My broker is so fired.
:wink:
carrie

Post by carrie »

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate the kind and thoughtful (and funny!) comments.

Carol
Portland

Post by Portland »

Thank you for the kind words and the plug for my show Carol. I just want to let those of you waiting to hear the show tonight know, the show is webcast every Tuesday morning 10-noon PST. I'll be brewing it over the next few days, so it'll be ready next week.

Portland
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Portland wrote:I just want to let those of you waiting to hear the show tonight know, the show is webcast every Tuesday morning 10-noon PST. I'll be brewing it over the next few days, so it'll be ready next week.
Thank you; I was one of those. For no good reason whatever I assumed the time was 10 p.m. PST, so tonight I did my little time zone conversion, went to the webcast schedule for Tuesday...found the show...saw "10 a.m." .... and called myself all kinds of eejit! :oops:

Looking forward to it next week.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I can't think of anything funny but congratulations.
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

I'm getting a little suspicious. I can't help but wonder if you're all colluding to get the price up, so you can dump the stock and use your profits to buy new whistles. This kind of market manipulation can get you into big trouble--just ask those Lay/Skilling guys...... :wink:
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Brewster wrote:I'm getting a little suspicious. I can't help but wonder if you're all colluding to get the price up, so you can dump the stock and use your profits to buy new whistles. This kind of market manipulation can get you into big trouble--just ask those Lay/Skilling guys...... :wink:
Yeah, and in movies, someone standing around whistling is almost always a bad guy trying to act innocent.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."