Astrological signs.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Denny wrote:From Cranberry hits 3000...
amar wrote:
caniadafallon wrote:We do, don't we? LIBRA POWER!! ::flexes fair and diplomatic muscles::

:D
well i'm a scorpio, so there.

:P
Denny

Post by Denny »

amar wrote:
amar wrote: well i'm a scorpio, so there.

Tue Oct 05, 2004, a mere 3973 posts ago.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Lambchop wrote:
amar wrote:yep, dubhlinn is right, I am a scorpio. Dubhlinn, how did you know??
It's obvious. Look at your eyes.
I have eyes like a scorpion? :o
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cynth wrote: Get real, dude! Okay, some of the stuff is true---on those phone calls I keep getting I can hardly hear you breathing.
... I've been kinda ill as of late. :oops:
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

amar wrote:
amar wrote: well i'm a scorpio, so there.

Oh my heck. I'd almost forgotten that board name of mine. Seems ages ago!

And, yep, my birthday is indeed tomorrow. Thanks Amar and Izz for remembering!! I'll be 34. Where does the time go??
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Ann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ann »

I want to get back to astrology as a religion, not because I believe it in particular, but because it fascinates me what people take to be religous and non religous. Personally I haven't seen many compelling reasons to believe in astrology, but I haven't looked into it very hard. What I do think astrology is good for, and works very well, is to get people to talk about them selves. Got to love astrology for that.

But here's my thought. As I woke up this morning I watched the morning light fill up my room thought it was neat that even though the sun wasn't shining directly into my room it was still well lit in here, and I thought what bouncy stuff light must be made of to have bounced through the clouds, the trees, the leaves and into my room. Which led me to the thought that the light I was seeing was reflecting all the colors of all the things it had touched on its way to my room. Can't astrology be like that, on our way to being born we are somehow affected by the stars and planets?

I'm not writing this because I believe it, I'm just having fun with the idea.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Well it's tomorrow here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YE

Hugs and loads of Kisses to ye, Stranger :lol:

Love and Joy.

Slan,
D. :party: :party:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Ann wrote:.

As I woke up this morning I watched the morning light fill up my room thought it was neat that even though the sun wasn't shining directly into my room it was still well lit in here, and I thought what bouncy stuff light must be made of to have bounced through the clouds, the trees, the leaves and into my room. Which led me to the thought that the light I was seeing was reflecting all the colors of all the things it had touched on its way to my room.
Charming thought.

We all see the same Sun.

Welcome aboard...time zones can be a right pain but we deal with them here :)

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Ann wrote:I want to get back to astrology as a religion, not because I believe it in particular, but because it fascinates me what people take to be religous and non religous. Personally I haven't seen many compelling reasons to believe in astrology, but I haven't looked into it very hard. What I do think astrology is good for, and works very well, is to get people to talk about them selves. Got to love astrology for that.

But here's my thought. As I woke up this morning I watched the morning light fill up my room thought it was neat that even though the sun wasn't shining directly into my room it was still well lit in here, and I thought what bouncy stuff light must be made of to have bounced through the clouds, the trees, the leaves and into my room. Which led me to the thought that the light I was seeing was reflecting all the colors of all the things it had touched on its way to my room. Can't astrology be like that, on our way to being born we are somehow affected by the stars and planets?

I'm not writing this because I believe it, I'm just having fun with the idea.
Well I guess I would say why just the stars and the planets? If the light is reflecting all the colors of everything it touched, then wouldn't whatever there is about us that could be affected by things before birth be affected by as many things as the light is? I guess this would require a belief in a spirit that was coming from somewhere other than earth. It is a lovely idea, for me not one I could believe. I think your metaphor (probably the wrong word) would be more aptly applied to the events and circumstances of our actual lives after birth. And I like your metaphor for that use very much actually. But I should not steal it from you that way. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Cynth....

You been on the Sherry again?

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
djm

Post by djm »

Madam, your space ship awaits ....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.