Watch out for fake eBay emails... new spate of them ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Watch out for fake eBay emails... new spate of them ...

Post by anniemcu »

I've gotten several new ones in the last week. This latest uses a ruse of
"***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***"

Just another load of crap from folks out to cheat anyone they can bamboozle.

eBay will never ask you for security info in an email, and will only make such requests through the "My Messages" section in your actual eBay account.

If you get any of these 'spoof' emails that appear to be from eBay, or have any doubt about one claiming to be from eBay, simply forward it to spoof@ebay.com - they will investigate and hopefully catch-up with these idiots.

NEVER give your membership info, or any personal info out for any request that doesn't come directly to your "My MEssages" inbox at eBay.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Yep - I've just gotten 2 tonight saying a complaint has been filed against me for selling fake tickets.

Interesting, since I haven't listed anything on e-bay for months and never have sold any tickets :D

Forwarded it to spoof@ebay.com and deleted.
Charlene
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

It seems like some people have a natural instinct for avoiding bad emails and evil spyware popups while others are magnets for garbage.

Anyone ever notice that? I almost never have spyware on my PC yet my wife has tons.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, I have gotten about four in the last month. SOMEBODY IS USING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND ITS GOING TO BE SUSPENDED UNLESS I CONTACT THEM!

I don't have a Paypal account.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Sounds like a job for....

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

I've gotten two in the past week saying there was a 2nd chance to purchase an item because the high-bidder declined. I sent them off to spoof@e-bay.com. The body of the e-mail appeared to have been copied from e-bay. However the sender line was something like rakulci@...

The curious thing was that it dod not contain a request to click on anyhting in the e-mail, but said I should go to e-bay.
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Along the same line, I got a dodgy e-mail from "Airmiles" with a couple links for "This message with graphics" as well as various links to e-shops with very strange URLs. Heads-up.