French No campaigners launch new bid to bring back the franc

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Chang He

Post by Chang He »

Random notes wrote: Q: What's the difference between Baptists and Methodists?

A: Methodists say Hello when they see each other in the liquor store.
This is pure comic gold. Thank you for brightening my day.
A voice in the dark imploring,
A sweet flute play’d in the light
-Arthur Edward Waite
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

dubhlinn wrote: The first rule of business is....

Rip off the tourist !
It brings money into the local economy... (balance of trade, and all that)

'besides if the locals had that much money then they would be somewhere else being tourists!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

dubhlinn wrote:S1m0n,
You're honesty and bravery are, like your politics, admirable.

Slan,
D.
:thumbsup:
John
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."

Post by Guest »

OnTheMoor wrote:To the Europeans in the crowd.

Having just returned from the Benelux countries, alot of the prices struck me as being rather odd. Sit down for a meal in a cafe (and I mean a small, family run place in a little town in the Flanders countryside, not a guildhouse in the Grand-Place) and you will pay, almost without exception, 11E for a meal. Go around the corner however, and you'll pay 2.50 for a very tasty, very filling sandwich (that you would pay 7.50 for at Subway).

Did people take advantage of the Euro to jack up prices? I know on alot of vending machines I would see the old prices still up, and they simply did not match the new Euro ones.

Just a stupid question from a clueless tourist.
Its both corporate (US) warts in that country and politicos - often imported as well - taking advantage of a situation that suits their cause.

Notable actors in the NO movement are Mr Murdoch, the CIA, some Europeans totaly opposed to certain EU tendencies - ahem - try currency traders for example, etc.

Its not the fault of the little family business. More like the sandwich is made from imported and useless food that is not nourising while the small cafe's stuff is nourishing.

Never ever be so foolish as to think the US WANTS the EU to succeed! it doesn't. In fact one of the primary objectives of the US neo-fascist right is the destruction of the EU and its free open society. Thats why Amercan money financed the NO votes.

When the 40% of Europeans who did not vote realize what happened I would not like to be an American - so called - tourist there! People will get hurt before this is over!
OnTheMoor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OnTheMoor »

toasty wrote: Its not the fault of the little family business. More like the sandwich is made from imported and useless food that is not nourising while the small cafe's stuff is nourishing.
Actually the sanwiches were quite good. Ardenne ham, fresh mozarella and sun-dried tomatoes washed down with a good Belgian beer for about 3E? Sounds good to me

I looked around Dub, and rarely paid more than 10E a day (usually less) on food. But for the most part the cafes were stupid expensive, and I'm not talking Grand-Place here. And, like I said above, the new prices on vending machines, still showing the old currencies simply did not match up.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

missy wrote:Fly - that's a map of the LEGAL selling of alcohol.......

Doesn't say anything about the moonshine type of stuff.

Which reminds me, Cocke County Tennessee is also dry. That's the setting for the movie "White Lightning"...........

I have a cousin in Lexington, KY. I don't know who she knows but maybe she can stumble across a little jar of "elixir". I won't be "that" far away this weekend.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm