Signs posted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

No photo, but a couple of decades ago, in Tucson, there was a laundromat with a small parking lot on the side. The sign for the lot said, "Parking for laundry only. Cars will be towed." I loved it.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

There is a thrift store in town that my grandmother goes to that has a sign up that says "All book prices is new." If I remember I will take my camera next time.

Not quite in the same vein, but the semester before last I made a big white sign that said, "GOD IS WATCHING YOU" and I planned to tape it over a toilet in the bathroom, but I never did because I felt like God was watching me and did not approve of my silliness. :oops:
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Cranberry wrote:There is a thrift store in town that my grandmother goes to that has a sign up that says "All book prices is new." If I remember I will take my camera next time.

Not quite in the same vein, but the semester before last I made a big white sign that said, "GOD IS WATCHING YOU" and I planned to tape it over a toilet in the bathroom, but I never did because I felt like God was watching me and did not approve of my silliness. :oops:
Oh man... I can think of so many great places to post that thing! And I believe that G_D is not only watching, but has a sense of humor.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

In Waterford city in 2002, we saw a sign that read:

"No Spontaneous Fish Impressions"

Haven't the foggiest notion what it means.
Cheers,
Mark

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
djm

Post by djm »

There used to be a men's apparel shop outside Chicago called The Little Brick Shirt House.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jack

Post by Jack »

anniemcu wrote:
Cranberry wrote:There is a thrift store in town that my grandmother goes to that has a sign up that says "All book prices is new." If I remember I will take my camera next time.

Oh man... I can think of so many great places to post that thing! And I believe that G_D is not only watching, but has a sense of humor.
I'm not so sure. I think God is very serious. Let's debate it! ;)

But I guess I also just feared getting in trouble if they found out it was me that left the sign, but I do make and leave other things at school, though--the army sends me recruitment brochures (as if!) and I take out words like "well-respected career" and "soldiers" and replace them with "death," "child-killers," and "violence," and I replace the URLs with Christian pacifist websites. I do leave those in the lobby, and I suspect people know it's me but it doesn't bother me as much as the "GOD IS WATCHING YOU" sign. :-?
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

I got my name from a sign, for a car-dealer, Williams Chevrolet. Wish I had a photo of it, but it is gone now. When I see an business with an unusual name, I am glad my parents did not live across the street from them :).
dfernandez77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

missy wrote:...we have an intersection in a county near here where Barrett Rd. intersects Grinn Ln..........
We have an intersction in the O.C. ...
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ball+and+ ... s+CA&hl=en

I'm NOT going to draw a picture. :D
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

There is currently a hideous purple billboard on my commute that reads "Doobie Brothers Kiss Twisted Sister" - it is for a local radio station.
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

MarkS wrote:In Waterford city in 2002, we saw a sign that read:

"No Spontaneous Fish Impressions"

Haven't the foggiest notion what it means.
Undisputed King of Spontaneous Fish Impressions

http://www.dalewisely.com/3FishProductions.htm
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

In a town near mine, there is a sign along the road "Park Slow Zone". I don't know what happens if you park too fast.

Hey Cran, speaking of putting up signs in toilets, in the church I used to go to we had put up signs on the inside doors of the stalls in the ladies' room that said, "Make A Joyful Noise!". I think some of the parishioners were a little offended, but I don't think God was.

Beth
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Over the lavatory in a corporate bathroom, someone put a sign saying, "Think!" The next day, a hand written one appeared in the corresponding place nearby that said, "Thoap!"

Best wishes,
Jerry
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

I always liked stores that sell "homo milk."
You'll love Canada. That's the only kind we sell.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Sign spotted in the parking lot of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Ben Lomond: "Church Parking Only. Violators will be baptized."

The sign I always wanted to get a picture of was in the cooking oil section at Harris Teeter in Durham, NC. Right under the olive oil was a sign that said "Fat Free!" My guess is they'd run out of "cholesterol free" signs and figured (wrongly) that "fat free" meant the same thing. I always figured it would be a neat trick if they could do it (fat free olive oil, that is!).

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

dubhlinn wrote:Those who know where I live will understand why I cannot post any pictures of defaced road signs..though I do have a few stashed away somewhere :oops:
Heh, heh, heh. A name that always raises jokes around the county. :lol: :wink: :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)