Petition to Bring AndrewK Back

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

I heard a rumor that Andrew had a twin brother that got sent away to the US right after birth.
I know it’s just a rumor but …
Now with Andrew gone and all I just wondered, would it be inappropriate to give Big T a Big hug?

/MarcusR
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

That wasn't Andrew's twin brother that got sent to the USA,
but Andrew. The fellow in England is Big Tex.

Group hug
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Don't touch me.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Intersting point, Marcus. I also heard some interesting coincidences between Andrew's banishment and both Lincoln and Kennedy assasinations.

But seriously... Andrew made his bed long ago even though during his last tour here on C&F he was much more sociable and started far fewer rows. I actually learned to appreciate Andrew's discussions and see them for what they were and not for what feelings they stirred up.

But not all of us can be bothered to learn to deal with another person's personality snags. We all have them, some more intrusive than others. I know I am not innocent in this matter.

At the end of the day it's Dale's house, Dale's rules. I think Dale's a great host and the fora here are better than a lot I've come across.

And good seeing your brief return, Gordon.

Cheers,
Aaron

ADD: Judging by Andrew's flippant view of Bryan Byrne's flutes and Tex's praise of the same, I will leave the dual-identity theories as just that.
Paul Thomas

Ill wind

Post by Paul Thomas »

Cathy Wilde wrote:ROCK ON, SLAGGARDLY PITTARDS!
Is a pittard lexically or phenomenologically related to a petard? (please, please I beg you, click on it and take note of the word's origin, or nothing else here will make any sense. The lexically overburdened and the French may not require the aforementioned exegesis.)

If one tries to hoist (foist?) false colors, e.g., a decoy C&F login...
jim stone wrote:That wasn't Andrew's twin brother that got sent to the USA, but Andrew. The fellow in England is Big Tex. <...>
...could one be hoisted upon one's own (pittard or petard, that is)?
jim stone wrote:<...>Group Hug.
Certainly not if there's any pittard-ing going on. Now that's asking for trouble, or as it were, whistling for a wind. It's ill-advised. (cue audio, Billie Holiday singing Ill Wind...)

Paul
(exit, stage "upwind")

P.S. - forgive me, it's just a case of the vapors.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

oh...my fingers are starting to ache a little....
sturob

Post by sturob »

One has to admit that nothing's been the same since what's-his-name stopped posting. You know, OR BAN! guy.

What was that guy's name?

I think he was a Chinese guy living in Nova Scotia? Or maybe a Newfie living in Hong Kong . . . toMAYto, toMAHto.

Stuart
eilam

Post by eilam »

he was 6' 7" and had enough flutes that he actually fenced his 1.7 acre property with flutes (Stuart you are 100% right, he did live right on the border of Nova-Scotia and Texas), sticking up one next to the other. There was a long section that went: R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey....,
none of which were Boxwood (the curve allowed for wild animals to go through).
I heard that he used to drink Whiskey by the Gallons.
I miss him !
eilam.

PS. I actually typed in all the: Boosey, R&R, Potter, Boosey, R&R,.................by hand !
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

I think Eilam just became a national treasure. International, even.

(I think there are some Texans -- not Stuart! put down the pistol(s)! -- who really do think Texas and Nova Scotia share a border. Or even that Texas and the U.S. share a border. . .)

Eilam, there's this little thing called "copy and paste" . . . We should talk.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Who was it that told me privately that this guy named Andrewk came to visit Texas and a guy named Big Tex showed him how the Americans play football? He said that American football made him incomfortable because when they got in their huddle after each play, they probably talked about him. Was this the same AndrewK?
sturob

Post by sturob »

A little bird told me. LKTHOMAS! 'Member him?

Ah, those were the days.

I do have a pistol but I must admit that I don't have a concealed-carry license. Pistols scare me; I used it for target shooting in college but I've kind of quit doing that. I don't own any ammunition for it.

It's a Beretta Pratten 4-key.

(ba-dum-CHING!)

Stuart
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

BigTex wrote:
Kelpie wrote:Soo AndrewK disappears and big tex reappears - verrrry strange no?
You seem to be a bit of a rogue, Kelpie, and would be better off spending your time learning some elementary spelling and punctuation rather than trying to con readers into thinking that Andrew could in anyway transform himself into a long tall Texan!
Hi Guys
I believe big tex and andrew speak the same language, Would you please go to "A study of some nice old flutes" and read the last few treads on that,
and compare and tell me if Big tex and andrew are related? as far as speaking the very same language

Even though Andrewk was an insulting what not, i still actually enjoyed his response to some of the treads.

Sherlock & watson.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

You will tell me how build keyed whistle in fifteen minutes from best wood, for $4, so I can play with 50-man orchestra, OR BAN!!!
Reasonable person
Walden
Cathy Wilde

Re: Ill wind

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Paul Thomas wrote:
Cathy Wilde wrote:ROCK ON, SLAGGARDLY PITTARDS!
Is a pittard lexically or phenomenologically related to a petard? (please, please I beg you, click on it and take note of the word's origin, or nothing else here will make any sense. The lexically overburdened and the French may not require the aforementioned exegesis.)

If one tries to hoist (foist?) false colors, e.g., a decoy C&F login...
jim stone wrote:That wasn't Andrew's twin brother that got sent to the USA, but Andrew. The fellow in England is Big Tex. <...>
...could one be hoisted upon one's own (pittard or petard, that is)?
jim stone wrote:<...>Group Hug.
Certainly not if there's any pittard-ing going on. Now that's asking for trouble, or as it were, whistling for a wind. It's ill-advised. (cue audio, Billie Holiday singing Ill Wind...)

Paul
(exit, stage "upwind")

P.S. - forgive me, it's just a case of the vapors.
:lol:

Good man, Paul! And I suppose I am indeed hoist on my own petard (albeit one I rigged unwittingly). Then again ... I've seen the description of "Pittards leather" in numerous horse-supply catalogs ... but maybe leather isn't a place we want to go. (except in the case of Nano's chaps)

Eilam is indeed an international treasure. He's wanted in 19 countries.

;-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.