Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007

Post by BrassBlower »

Look at these two quotes back-to-back:

"Several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US."

"The world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US."

Translation: The only reason God has let us survive so far is because the world needs our money.
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

BrassBlower wrote:In the immortal words of Bill Engvall, "Evel Knievel couldn't have made that jump!"
Or, as one 1st PSYOP Group team printed on the back of an "enemy" leaflet, "Even Linda Lovelace couldn't swallow this."

Still, this prediction does count as "scientific", since it makes a specific claim that is falsifiable. (Of course, if it turns out to be true, lots of folks will get a big surprise.)

I was interested to hear that even the Jehovah's Witnesses have finally given up trying to set a precise year for the end time.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That wouldn't be April 1st, 2007, would it?

Just wondering.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Guess I won't have to work so hard in school as that is the year I am suppossed to graduate.
glauber

Post by glauber »

Unseen122 wrote:Guess I won't have to work so hard in school as that is the year I am suppossed to graduate.
No! You'll need to work harder and graduate sooner, or you'll go to the afterlife without a diploma, and won't enjoy it at all!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

dwinterfield wrote:
missy wrote:well - I'm at the highest point in Hamilton County, OH (except for the dump), so water wise, I should be ok.
And if this happens in 2007, then I don't have to worry about Congress and Social Security!!! :D

Missy
We're about 15 feet above sea level so maybe we should leave the kayacks out year round. I did watch a couple of PBS shows on Tsunamis and Krakatoa this week. Probably the only thing that could cause simultaneous, catastrophic floods on the east and west coasts would be a commet scoring a direct hit on the Eurasian continent. OOOOPS!! Has anybody told the Department of Homeland Security about all this??

:lol:

Well, I'm located in the tops of the Rocky Mountians, tsunamis aren't exaxtly on my list of immediate concerns living here.

Guess we'll find out come 2007. :wink:

Soooo, if we are all going to get wiped out in 2007 by massive tsunamis, does that mean the terrorists can stop any future efforts/plans to blow up Americans now? Mmmmmm... probably not.

:roll: Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Sunnywindo wrote:Soooo, if we are all going to get wiped out in 2007 by massive tsunamis, does that mean the terrorists can stop any future efforts/plans to blow up Americans now? Mmmmmm... probably not.
No, no, great interpretation. Start spreading the news. :thumbsup:
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Of course these tsunami's won't effect the coast of Canada or Mexico or the Caribbian islands.

I wonder if the Great Lakes will rise as well. I may need to move to East Tennesee after all.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

BrassBlower wrote:Look at these two quotes back-to-back:

"Several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US."

"The world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US."

Translation: The only reason God has let us survive so far is because the world needs our money.
Don't it make you glad to be a West Ozarkian? :lol:
Reasonable person
Walden
Antaine

Post by Antaine »

TelegramSam wrote:And nobody in the middle east has EVER owned slaves or killed off other ethnic/cultural groups!
coughcough SUDAN coughcough MAURITANIA coughcough TODAY coughcough

did somebody hear something?

I just wonder why, if big water is punishment, why Allah decided to practice for wiping us out by hitting all the big muslim countries like Indonesia first?

altho...we did nuke New Mexico before Japan, but still :lol:

I find fascinating the two big scientific predictions (not from the article) about the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands. The strata of the rock on the island works like chimneys trapping water. when the volcano heats up the water boils and the surface of the island can rise and slide. It slid something like 15 feet during the last activity in the 1970s. if the west face (the one in danger) of the island slides off (as geological evidence has indicated it has done in the past) a massive tsunami would inundate portugal, spain iceland, greenland canada and the us. the wave sent to the eastern seaboard of the us would cross the atlantic in something like five hours and break over the appalacian mtns.

The other one they're making a movie about :roll: that yellowstone is apparently one huge lava-dome that rises about 6 inches a year, give or take. when it does eventually go it will make the dinosaur-killing asteroid look like small potatoes as it leave a crater the size of wyoming.
{][_||_______||_][___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__]]_]
         \\
           \\
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'm about 200 feet above sea level, so I figure I'm probably safe! :lol:

It is funny, however, how the pot likes to call the kettle black. It was "good" Muslims who rounded up and sold the African slaves to the Western traders, after all. And don't get me started on the countries that were "converted to Islam" at the point of a sword; their original cultures, languages and religions destroyed. This fellow needs to look to his own house before commenting on ours.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Antaine

Post by Antaine »

heck, the Sudan and Mauritania are not even "was's" they're "is's"...slavery, mutiliation and genocide against the christian and animist minorities in those countries today, as in right this minute...sigh...
{][_||_______||_][___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__]]_]
         \\
           \\
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

dubhlinn wrote:Sure ye can juggle numbers around all day and who knows what ye'll come up with.

"In which he proves by algebra that Hamlet's grandson is Shakespeare's grandfather and that he himself is the ghost of his own father..."

from "Ulysses"
James Joyce.

Slan,
D. :wink:

Wasn't that the inspiration for the song, "I'm My Own Grandpa" ?

:)
IRTradRU?
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Sunnywindo wrote:Well, I'm located in the tops of the Rocky Mountians, tsunamis aren't exaxtly on my list of immediate concerns living here. Sara

Hey - beachfront property AND ski resorts within a few miles of each other! What's not to like? :D

And someone please remind me how it became known as "the religion of peace" ? :roll:
IRTradRU?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Stop carping you guys. Don't mock this poor benighted soul. (Moslems do have souls don't they?) Educate the man. Set him right. Here's a humble beginning:

http://www.raptureready.com

I hope he reads this forum.