I Could use some Global Warming

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
OnTheMoor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I Could use some Global Warming

Post by OnTheMoor »

It is -44 this morning.
Send Help.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I have just packaged some Florida air, currently 41f, and it will be on its way shortly.
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

You're a life-saver... I hope the temperature conversion works okay as it crosses the border.
JamesF

Post by JamesF »

wow, i would die there. it's 41F here and I can't even go outside to check for mail. I shiver when I drive (I know, I should close that window.)
yes
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

If you would like, I can wait for a warmer day to send up to you. :D
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

JamesF wrote:wow, i would die there. it's 41F here and I can't even go outside to check for mail. I shiver when I drive (I know, I should close that window.)
Yeah, actually you probably would die here, most people would without 8 layers of clothes.

Why on earth does it not bother my 5 month old Labrador Retriever??? I just don't get it, his fur doesn't seem THAT thick and yet he's pestering us all to take him for a walk. He doesn't seem to understand that severe frostbite can be painful.
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Geez, and I thought I was freezing when I woke up this morning to 15 degrees Farenheit.

You poor thing. That's just wrong. Image
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

well, it's actually fairly warm. here. in my home, that is..
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

So when can we skate on the canal eh!

MarkB

PS: Tomorrow is the first day of Summer in Australia
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

OnTheMoor wrote:Why on earth does it not bother my 5 month old Labrador Retriever??? I just don't get it, his fur doesn't seem THAT thick and yet he's pestering us all to take him for a walk. He doesn't seem to understand that severe frostbite can be painful.
This morning: 14F, wind chill LOTS lower than that. Me, all 250+ pounds, in a heavy parka with a face mask and mittens walking 15 pound border terriers as they did their 'thing'. Even in the heavy gear, I had to face away from the wind to find any degree of warmth, the boys wandereed around nonchalantly leaving their dominance calling cards, a few drops here, there and everywhere else.

My old black lab cross used to love to lie outsiide in the snow on sunny days. He'd make a nest in the snow with his body, then go to sleep as happily as if inside on his pet bed.

+41F here in winter means short sleeves and at most a windbreaker. Makes me wonder if our perception of cold doesn't include a psychological component as great as the physical.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

I was walking around in that for about an hour yesterday. I had to make a pit stop at a convenience store to thaw out. Luckly I didn't lose any digits.
norseman

Post by norseman »

I wish there was something I could do for you Brian. Here in the Phoenix area, it was 77 degrees F. yesterday.

I'm originally from Northern Iowa, and I remember the winter days when the cold Canadian air would descend on us and we would get the squeaky styrofoam like snow when it was down to -20 degrees F or below.

Bob
Failure is NOT an option - it comes bundled with the software.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

It's a little warmer here . . . 48F. And SUNNY!

The weather alarm went off twice last night, at 2 a.m. and again at 4:30, warning me that there would be dangerous 10-foot surf and giving instructions on escaping the resulting riptides whilst swimming . . . waking me up twice in near-freezing temperatures to tell me that. :roll:

Last night was some of the best sleeping weather we've had yet . . . I flung open all the windows to be able to sleep under a down comforter. Bliss!
emmline

Post by emmline »

The coldest I've ever been was Ithaca and Niagara Falls between Christmas and New Year's a few years ago. And I think I was wearing almost 8 layers. How is it that humans ever migrated farther north than that?

I blame it on what I call my "equatorial build"--long limbs, long torso, not much insulation.
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Wind chill dropped to 15 below zero (f), here this morning. It took an hour to get the car warmed up enough to get all the doors open after they had frozen. After that everything was fine. I walked my normal 2 miles from the train station to my office without any problems. I used to live up around Lake Erie where I learned that it's what you wear and what your doing, I had good wind proof outer wear with down insulation middle wear. It was brisk, but at least it wasn't that drizzly wet miserable stuff we had a few weeks ago.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.