Movie Challenge

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Movie Challenge

Post by MTGuru »

More good suggestions! Thanks!

Now that the last local Blockbuster store has just closed, to become another nail salon or whatever, I feel a Netflix subscription coming on. O Tempora! O Mores!
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Would Reservoir Dogs qualify?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I seem to remember The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover was full of existential musings and tremendous oddness that was discussed at length.
As does Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead...

I think Reservoir Dogs only applies intermittently, particularly in the first 10 minutes.

Tangentially, I was looking around for some movies I've seen but whose names I can't remember, I came upon this, which sounds interesting:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/
imdb wrote:The Fountain (2006)
Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.
Three stories - one each from the past, present, and future - about men in pursuit of eternity with their love. A conquistador in Mayan country searches for the tree of life to free his captive queen; a medical researcher, working with various trees, looks for a cure that will save his dying wife; a space traveler, traveling with an aged tree encapsulated within a bubble, moves toward a dying star that's wrapped in a nebula; he seeks eternity with his love. The stories intersect and parallel; the quests fail and succeed.
Sounds very interesting. Has anyone seen it?
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead...
Good one.

I'll have to re-watch Reservoir Dogs, I seem to remember Orange getting into more than one of those side dialogues.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I.D.10-t wrote:I'll have to re-watch Reservoir Dogs, I seem to remember Orange getting into more than one of those side dialogues.
Well, now, you might be right. My memory is fuzzy on that one now that I think about it.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Wristcutters is interesting, if it's somewhat offbeat existential discussion you're into.

The Man From Earth is also a primarily talky roundtable of philosophy.

Something that these two have in common is that they both held the interest of my son Gabe, who tends to wander away from many movies, and particular likes anything that engenders philosophical speculation.
dholly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dholly »

Emm beat me to The Man From Earth, but another film of interest may be 'Moon' a 2009 British Sci-Fi with great twist and turns.