Terrible Dream

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Corgicrazed
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Terrible Dream

Post by Corgicrazed »

OMGosH... I just had an awful dream last night.

I dreamed that I went to bed and slept on a number of my instruments! When I awoke in the dream most of them were broken into shards! I then went to play some of my whole instruments and they fell apart in my hands! The last thing was that my mum came and told me that my baby sister had finally pounded on the piano too hard and had broken a key on it!

That has to be one of the worst dreams I've had in awhile. :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Corgicrazed on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

The Second Doctor
Redwolf

Re: Terrible Dream

Post by Redwolf »

Corgicrazed wrote:OMGosH... I just had an awful dream last night.

I dreamed that I went to bed and slept on a number of my instruments! When I awoke in the dream most of them were broken into shards! I then went to play some of my whole instruments and they fell apart in my hands! The last thing was that my mum came and told me that my baby sister had finally pounded on the piano too hard and had broken a key on it!

That has too be one of the worst dreams I've had in awhile. :shock: :shock:
I think we all get those from time to time.

My last instrument dream involved my wire-strung harp. I dreamed I went to a lesson and one of my teacher's other students was there. My teacher asked if this other person could play my harp and I said "sure." As soon as the other student touched my harp, all the strings broke, one by one, in a huge cascade of sound (sounded like a lot of firecrackers going off). As I sat there in shock, the other student admitted that the reason she couldn't play her own harp was that every time she touched any harp there was a cascading string failure. I woke up absolutely furious that I was going to have to re-string my harp (stringing a wire harp is a bit of a bitch).

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
dwest

Post by dwest »

Corgicrazed

Post by Corgicrazed »

WHOOOO!!!!

My favorite breed!!!

I feel better already. Thanks!

Go Corgis! :D

BTW, is that an Irish Water Spaniel on your avatar?

I bet harps must be a real pain to tune, Redwolf. I dread the day I have to tune one. lol.
I haven't attempted to tune my autoharp yet, looks difficult.....

The Second Doctor
dwest

Post by dwest »

Corgicrazed wrote:
BTW, is that an Irish Water Spaniel on your avatar?
Every family has a black sheep.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

I don't think I've ever dreamt that someone even touched my (musical) instrument. I do have a lot of dreams that a really great instrument is just out of my reach in some way or another.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Corgicrazed

Post by Corgicrazed »

My sis once told me that she dreamed that I sat on her violin. Crunch! oops.... :D

The Second Doctor
Whistlin' Will

Post by Whistlin' Will »

Although it didn't involve any musical instruments, I once had a pretty crazy dream where I was in what looked like a church auditorium with several black belts standing around, and some others getting ready to test for their black belt.
One of those testing came up to me and asked me to help him with his testing. I agreed.
A few minutes later he was standing on the stage, facing me and a couple other people who were also going to help him.
The next thing I knew I was walking along a sidewalk in a city. Someone stopped me and asked, "Why did you leave?"
I answered, "I got bored."

:lol:
-Will
Out in the sticks
With the hicks
And the ticks

My avatar is a photo of one of my T-shirts.
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Corgicrazed wrote:
I bet harps must be a real pain to tune, Redwolf. I dread the day I have to tune one. lol.
I haven't attempted to tune my autoharp yet, looks difficult.....
They're not so bad, once they've settled. Between the strings stretching, however, and the soundboard flexing, wire harps take a long, long time to settle.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

The dream about sleeping on instruments is a classical instance of
inverted penis envy. Nothing to worry about.
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

The other night I dreamed I was playing my low whistle (but like a flute for some reason) and the bottom notes weren't making any sound. I commented to the musician next to me that something was wrong with it. He said "I don't hear anything wrong." Then I played in the second octave and the very top notes weren't sounding. Again I mentioned it to my neighbour. Again he said it sounded fine to him.

Then I discovered the problem. In the dream I was slowly going deaf, from the edges in!
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
Corgicrazed

Post by Corgicrazed »

The other night I dreamed I was playing my low whistle (but like a flute for some reason) and the bottom notes weren't making any sound. I commented to the musician next to me that something was wrong with it. He said "I don't hear anything wrong." Then I played in the second octave and the very top notes weren't sounding. Again I mentioned it to my neighbour. Again he said it sounded fine to him.

Then I discovered the problem. In the dream I was slowly going deaf, from the edges in!
Wow. Now that's scary... :shock:

The Second Doctor
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

jim stone wrote:The dream about sleeping on instruments is a classical instance of
inverted penis envy. Nothing to worry about.
Why would you be envious of an ...

... oh, never mind ...