The long absent, semi-eccentric David Boisvert!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
reedbiter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The long absent, semi-eccentric David Boisvert!

Post by reedbiter »

Hiya Everybody,

Ok, first things first! I'm REALLY hating managing websites and email etc... ESPECIALLY hotmail. Recently Hotmail switched their format and my old, weary computer for some reason could no longer access my account. Later, when I was able to access it..I found my account had been suspended. When I got it re-started i found they had lost all of by old messages...which means I lost all my contacts and my contacts on my WAITING LIST! I've finally heard back from their customer "service" tech guru and he sent me what was in my "waiting list" folder.

So! To summarize, I'm not a jerk...just unlucky with tech and somewhat socially inept. I will we doing my utmost to sort through the backlog of requests and communications. I no longer access my hotmail account, but have decided to try my luck with Gmail. If you'd like my Gmail address please feel free to send me a PM. And my personal contact info on my website is still correct.

In the meantime, I've been VERY busy in the shop. I currently have 10 D whistles completed and ready for sale. Most are being sold as "singles" but a mated C body can be added relatively easily and quickly for most of them. I have another batch that I hope to be completeing over the following months.

Here is what I have currently available for sale:

From left to right there is a curly lemonwood (aka degame' or castello boxwood), Plum, a figured curly lemonwood d/c set, Minnesota Applewood, african blackwood and silver d/c set, another plum, and finally a nother curly lemonwood.

On the finishing table I have a bunch of african blackwood sets, some cocobolo, a purple gidgee or two, one or two lemonwoods, a pink ivory, tulipwood and a few other odd ducks.

God bless and thank you for your time and attentions friends.

David A. Boisvert
http://www.greenwoodpipes.com
Cayden
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Re: The long absent, semi-eccentric David Boisvert!

Post by Cayden »

David,
Beautiful looking whistles! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Cayden wrote:Beautiful looking whistles!
Cayden, good looks aren't everything! You should hear one of David's whistles. You really need to play one of David's whistles. In fact, you may need to buy one of David's whistles! Not that you need to be encouraged or anything. :)

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:poke:
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Feadoggie wrote:Cayden, good looks aren't everything! You should hear one of David's whistles. You really need to play one of David's whistles. In fact, you may need to buy one of David's whistles! Not that you need to be encouraged or anything.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

And since Cayden (and probably ytliek) will want the shirt..... www.zazzle.com/tin+whistle+tshirts
(Disclaimer: I have no interest, financial or otherwise in this company. I'm just the enabler.)

Best wishes.

Steve
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Yeah, I'd like another shirt... keep in mind I prefer collared shirts vs. T-shirts because my belly shows. If its between a shirt or a whistle... I'm going for the stick with six holes, D, E, F, G, A, B, and no historical drivel to accompany it either. D & A holes, oh, brother.

And, I'd like to get some more of those sticks above... beauuuuutiful wood! :) Get a mop, I'm drooling.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Feadoggie and Steve,
You two have me on the verge of consulting a shrink about my alleged whistlepig disorder. Then again, I could just scrap the appointment and buy one of those beautiful Boisvert whistles. :shock:

Going mad,
Cayden
Last edited by Cayden on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Plum or Applewood?

Best wishes.

Steve
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Steve Bliven wrote:Plum or Applewood?

Best wishes.

Steve

I am so confused! :boggle:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

I wanted the Plum on the left. :devil:

And I wanted to know if anyone knows about the tone holes. They appear to be indented or undercut rather than a straight vertical drill. Is that just an aesthetic thing or does it help the fingering in some way?
reedbiter

Post by reedbiter »

1. I have 2 plum D's unspoken for.

2. The shaping of the toneholes is for aesthetics (looks), ergonomics (comfort and ease to hold), playability (affecting speed, ease of jumping the octave, wavelength frequency shifting) intonation and overall tonal quality (soft and smooth = pure tone).

3. Thank you for the kind words

4. And in answer to a pm, the Tardis in my avatar was recently built by myself and is currently parked in my shop!
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Cayden wrote:Then again, I could just scrap the appointment and buy one of those beautiful Boisvert whistles.
And that would probably money better spent in my book. All kidding aside, David does make a very nice whistle. We do not talk about them much around here but they are rather unique and well mannered instruments.
reedbiter wrote: The shaping of the toneholes is for aesthetics (looks), ergonomics (comfort and ease to hold), playability (affecting speed, ease of jumping the octave, wavelength frequency shifting) intonation and overall tonal quality (soft and smooth = pure tone).
I'd say that about sums it up.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

Does the t-shirt come with the whistle? Because that would be the deal maker for me. Unlike ytliek, I've developed a fondness for my belly and display it proudly. I was told long ago that every good farmer builds a shed over his tools... :D

I know, completely inappropriate. But it's Friday. However, that castello boxwood may be calling my name.

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
reedbiter

Post by reedbiter »

"well mannered"

heh heh!! I like that!